Vince193

Jonathan David

Looks like they're playing a second division team, KV Mechelen. With a player valuation of about 10M Pounds according to Transfermarkt, that's significantly below that of Gent which has a valuation of 60M Pounds.

Mechelen will probably bunker and play for PK's and try to exploit on the counter when possible.  

I'm guessing David will play his usual CAM and a big plus for Gent is that he doesn't neglect his defensive duties at all.

11 hours ago, Jith12 said:

David's Gent play in the Belgian Cup final tomorrow, and winning the cup will be very important to them. They are currently in last place in the league championship playoffs, which means that their hopes of Europa League qualification via the league route is nearly zero. However, if they win tomorrow's cup final, they will earn a berth in the Europa League group stage. Playing Europa League would be great for David's development (assuming that he stays with Gent for next season), so a win tomorrow would be great for him.

He started on the bench the last game I guess to spare him cause he's starting right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he plays a HUGE game!

Gent loses 2-1. Disappointing close out to the season for the team. Had a couple of Europa League options and they don’t make it. I wonder if this accelerates David’s departure. 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Replaced the goal scorer at 41 minutes. Currently in the second half, Gent are level with Standard 1-1

Scored the go-ahead goal in the 64th. Currently 2-2 after an 81st min equalizer.

Just scored the game winner in the 95th!

Edited by Oranje

Posted (edited)

The defensive coverage on David's header was straight out of MLS 1.0 when you had starting CB's making $60K a year.

Still, credit to David for a fine finish.

Edited by Snowcrash

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Two goals against the Mexican goalie.... Bring on the Gold Cup. 

Oh **** that was Ochoa? Nice.

Speaking of the gold cup: no Vela, Chicharito, or Lozano apparently.

Poor defending on the second goal, but very nice subtle off the ball movement by David. Made a few small moves to distance himself from the defender and scored a nice one.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

All the goals 

Wow, so many composed finishes, I think I have seen most of the goals already but when you see them in a highlight package like this his finishing skills really stand out! There were a couple of free headers there, however most of his goals required some great composure to finish them off, I think it will be tough to keep him off the field for our MNT!

The vid doesn’t work anymore, the Belgian league goes after these videos hard. I know this cause I took a video clip off Twitter and made it a video clip....then received a notice from a lawyer

On 5/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, Ansem said:

Love the fact that Americans will have Cavallini, David, Davies, Millar in their face for the next decade!

Cav is already 26...and not everyone lasts as long as Hutch.  But I like sticking it in the US faces!