Jonathan David

Vince193

2 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Centrally in the hole. 

Its revelation upon revelation with David so far. He was the Dark horse to be one of our breakout stars, cant really argue he already is right now. 

His versatility is going to be huge for the national team too. He seems to have played all across the front and both deep and further up in central midfield. Wonder where he will end up settling. 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Its revelation upon revelation with David so far. He was the Dark horse to be one of our breakout stars, cant really argue he already is right now. 

His versatility is going to be huge for the national team too. He seems to have played all across the front and both deep and further up in central midfield. Wonder where he will end up settling. 

Right wing? Just imagine it... Davies and David at left and right

I watched game yesterday on a stream and it looks like David has established himself as a starter for Gent.  Could have been player of the match for Gent.

Also, standard of play is very high.  Gent and SL can easily be top 5 in MLS. The players are better both technically and tactically, position for position, than players on most MLS teams.

I'm thinking David is going to get Gent an Alphonso Davies-type haul on the transfer market.

3 hours ago, BleepBlap said:

That first highlight where David effortlessly glides through several players. Wow.

Yeah that was mouthwatering. I believe he has to play in behind Cavallini or Larin, who ever is in form.

Then, let Davies and Junior play the flanks. Let Millar and Ballou, two outstanding prospects in their own right, push them. May the best winger win the minutes. Just how it should be.

Anyone familiar enough Stephen Eustauqio to know where in midfield he plays? I believe he is more of an 8, but if he can also play more advanced, that would provide even more depth in that elusive ACM/second striker role. 

Eustauqio is more of a deep lying mid or DM but is adaptable I think. 

Spot on with David behind Cav's (Larin) I think, and the winger situation. Plenty more emerging behind those four too. 

When fit we are starting to have some serious midfield depth with piette, Kaye and atiba still a contributor. Arfield and osorio too. A nice but average layer below but definite potential with the likes of Okello, Chapman, Fraser, baldisimo and maybe even norman rising should they getting minutes and become consistent with their potential. 

As mentioned if only we could exclusively scout and create a couple of central defensive monsters like on fifa! 

12 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

David is such a smooth operator for someone so young.  As his plymaking evolves maybe he does become that pure AM that we’ve been needing for all these years.

Its really amazing the development he’s done in the past 2 years.

He’s always been top two in his age level in Canada. He continues to develop his game. 

29 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

Was there ever any interest shown  by TFC to get David into their academy?

He went to one of the pro clubs academies but I honestly don’t remember which.  Thinking Montreal but not 100%... but it was only for a run. He did train with the Fury.  

His intention was to remain with his club coach, someone who wasn’t a highly paid fugaise selling himself as a great coach. The team Johnny came from developed a bunch of players that went on to higher levels. 

15 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

No cause he was too small.

kidding aside don’t they not have the rights to Ottawa ?

Pro clubs will have an affiliation with a local club. TFC was with Hotapurs but are now with Cap U. VWC had one with OSU. They come out, run some camps, pocket a bunch of money. Doesn’t really lead to much. While Vancouver was looking at some OSU kids, three kids from the 01 group moved down to TFC. 

David turned them all down to remain in Ottawa. 

Edited by Ottawafan74

16 hours ago, Ottawafan74 said:

He went to one of the pro clubs academies but I honestly don’t remember which.  Thinking Montreal but not 100%... but it was only for a run. He did train with the Fury.  

His intention was to remain with his club coach, someone who wasn’t a highly paid fugaise selling himself as a great coach. The team Johnny came from developed a bunch of players that went on to higher levels. 

He also did individual training over the years with another coach in Ottawa.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:40 AM, Grizzly said:

I hope they keep him as an central attacking midfielder. I can't even remember the last time Canada had a good real number 10. It is one of the reasons we have always had a hard time to score even when we had some decent strikers.

Isn't Eustaquio a #10? Never seen him play tho.