Jonathan David

Vince193

1 hour ago, frmr said:

He also looked to shoot whenever he had a sight of goal so in terms of David's success, I'm not heartbroken that he's leaving. I did like watching him but I'd be happy with letting someone else like Lihadji or a new recruit take that position and hope they're a little less selfish and better at interplay. Lihadji gave the assist for David's first goal last season.

Tajon Buchanan

I liked what I saw from Lihadji last season, so I was thinking that Lille could sell one of their wingers and not sign a direct replacement. A little surprised it was Araujo, would have thought it was Ikone since the latter is probably more valuable, but I guess Ikone is more versatile being able to play as a central attacker. I also think Araujo is more effective. The Brazilian certainly has his flaws but he can really impact a game, I am looking forward to seeing him in the MLS despite my hatred of Atlanta.

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

I liked what I saw from Lihadji last season, so I was thinking that Lille could sell one of their wingers and not sign a direct replacement. A little surprised it was Araujo, would have thought it was Ikone since the latter is probably more valuable, but I guess Ikone is more versatile being able to play as a central attacker. I also think Araujo is more effective. The Brazilian certainly has his flaws but he can really impact a game, I am looking forward to seeing him in the MLS despite my hatred of Atlanta.

The rumour I picked up from Lille forums is PSG have a sell on clause on Ikone, which means Lille would not make as much if they sold him in a regular fashion at least.  Take that for what it is worth.

Some disagree but I think that Araujo was a better allround player than the midfield Jonathans.  

I have said it before but will do so again - I love that OS for the Lille games.  As frustrating as they could be at time last season, I loved having the chance to follow David’s club season last year.  And I know I will be tuning in again this year.   

It is probably too niche to get many more subscribers, but the idea of getting specific team broadcasting rights for CMNT players is a great value-add.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So David scored ?

Definitely not. Hasn’t looked very effective so far.  

Love the guy, but I really don’t see how he could be viewed as ready for a move to a huge club.  He may be clinical when he gets chances but strikers at the highest levels need to create opportunities- not just bury them.   

Edited by dyslexic nam

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Definitely not. Hasn’t looked very effective so far.  

Love the guy, but I really don’t see how he could be viewed as ready for a love to a huge club.  He may be clinical when he gets chances but strikers at the highest levels need to create opportunities- not just bury them.   

I don’t think this 4-4-2 system does him any favours when the midfield lacks so much vision. David’s role is very much between the goal posts. Seems like half his goals were created on his own last year… running in for rebounds and anticipating. I would be interested to see how many of his 13 goals last year were actually assisted by a teammate. I think you put him on a top team and he produces for them.

3 minutes ago, Craig11rm said:

I don’t think this 4-4-2 system does him any favours when the midfield lacks so much vision. David’s role is very much between the goal posts. Seems like half his goals were created on his own last year… running in for rebounds and anticipating. I would be interested to see how many of his 13 goals last year were actually assisted by a teammate. I think you put him on a top team and he produces for them.

They are also getting overrun and giving up the ball on the regular.