Jonathan David

Vince193

Wow. So happy for Jo. Literally didn’t miss a game all season and even though it was tough sometimes, this makes it so worth it. Especially after he was struggling so much at the start of the season, I definitely had my doubts. But he proved all the doubters wrong (all the Americans on social media calling him trash and that Weah needs to start or the Turkish fans demanding Yazici to play more bc David wasn’t scoring).

He put his head down, stuck with it and was of the main contributors on this title-winning team. He will go down in Lille history. He stepped up and scored many important goals (especially with Burak out). Incredible stuff and goes to show how strong his mentality is. 

Amazing time to be a Canadian footy fan (FINALLY!!!!) and I think we’re in good hands for the years to come.

26 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Well he’s only 21 and is a Ligue 1 champion and 2nd in non-pk goals.

His future is definitely in the top 5 leagues with a Champions League team for a while it seems.

Certainly. But winning a title is tough, and they're getting more and more locked down by a handful of clubs. Who knows if he'll land at one of these these teams. But, it doesn't matter quite as much if you've already won. 

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

I was hoping that would also be the case, just hadn't seen any video or photo evidence of that as yet (despite having specifically gone looking for it) but glad to hear it nonetheless.

I dunno if my tweet embedded properly but the Ligue 1 tweets of just him have him with a Canada flag. Fair enough to him, he identifies with both countries.

So sounds like Lille’s coach Galtier is leaving to manage Nice whose new wealthy owners want to turn them into another PSG. Talk that he didn't want to stay for Lille’s firesale. Will be interesting if David stays and how strong the team will be next year in champs league. 

52 minutes ago, king1010 said:

So sounds like Lille’s coach Galtier is leaving to manage Nice whose new wealthy owners want to turn them into another PSG. Talk that he didn't want to stay for Lille’s firesale. Will be interesting if David stays and how strong the team will be next year in champs league. 

Half the team is rumored to be on the way out. But maybe some of that is due to the regular summer transfer market rumour industry 

This whole thing is awesome for him no doubt but short of a style of a play change for Lille, David, like I mentioned before, needs to declare his tenure in French football a victory and move on to a bigger club. I want to enjoy watching him play rather than see another teeth pulling season like this one.