Jonathan David

Vince193

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

David did not get the assist on the fourth goal. That was another black player.

David is further upfield during that play. Had to watch it more than once though, so it's understandable there'd be confusion.

I realized after watching the highlights.  The footy app I had on my phone gave him the assist.  I realized it was not him at all after watching the highlights.

4 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

He should be playing more that finish was excellent, he’s so calm.

honestly, personally I'm okay with the way Gent is managing his minutes right now. Sure he might not always be starting, but he is still a young player and is clearly taking his chances well, making an impact when given play time. It seems that he is being protected, much like Davies was with Vancouver

52 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

honestly, personally I'm okay with the way Gent is managing his minutes right now. Sure he might not always be starting, but he is still a young player and is clearly taking his chances well, making an impact when given play time. It seems that he is being protected, much like Davies was with Vancouver

Could be the case but also there was a coaching change at the beginning of the year which coincided with a reduction in his minutes.

The new coach, needing results, may have opted for more experienced players or simply just favored different guys in different positions. I have been causally following gent and it seems there has been a bit of shuffle in terms of who is playing and where they are playing since he arrived.

There's another playwe I like on that team, Limbombe, who like David started the year very hot, but has saw a bit of a reduction in minutes.

The good news for David is that despite the management change, he has earned chances here and there and is now back on the score sheet. For an 18 year old to deal with that is impressive.

Very happy for David and for us that we have such a promising player. And of course, Gent must be very happy as well.

Edited by Obinna

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, canta15 said:

good stepping stone for him to eventually play with Phonsie at Bayern

Apparently BVB just implemented a new policy that stated that they will no longer sell to Bayern. So probably not the best route if we want to see a Phonzie-Johnny front line at Bayern, but one can dream!