Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the translated article:   Jonathan David (Lille): “I wasn't ready” Jonathan David, the Canadian center forward from Lille, scorer of three goals in his last four matches, talks abou

Guys, it is fun to spell this out. There was a very big game today. Mbappe, Neymar, di Maria, and David all entered the field. Only one of those players left with a goal, and got the 3 points for the

some positive news here. Galtier saying David is healing much faster than anticipated and he’s walking around well. He definitely won’t play the next two matches but it sounds like he should return be

Posted Images

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Saw Leicester is going after Soumare.

Looks like Lille will be picked apart in the off season.

Maybe, but they will have Champions League money come in next year at least. So, could definitely see a player or two being sold but the squad remaining basically intact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Maybe, but they will have Champions League money come in next year at least. So, could definitely see a player or two being sold but the squad remaining basically intact. 

Half the team and the manager are all rumoured to be leaving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, narduch said:

Half the team and the manager are all rumoured to be leaving.

Oh I would definitely expect some turnover. The collapse of the MediaPro deal and the lack of fans for a year dictates that there will be. But I can also see this being a case of a few players being sold off to stabilize the finances and the remainder staying put, and until those players are sold then rumours will swirl around all of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And to add to the conversation further, if you stay with Lille you'll get to play in the Champions League. If a bigger club comes for you and you'll play in it regardless, sure I get moving on. But if a mid-tier PL club comes for you, maybe it's worth sticking it out another year and playing in one of the biggest competitions in the world. Because you never know when that opportunity will come around again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, narduch said:

Saw Leicester is going after Soumare.

Looks like Lille will be picked apart in the off season.

If Lille sells Soumaré, Maignan and Sanches they won't be gutted and they'll have 75 million to show for it.

You can always pick up a fine keeper for under 10 million and their salaries are not usually high, I bet they have the best of the mid-table Ligue 1 teams scouted. Soumaré they say has promise but he certainly is not a key piece on the team. Sanches has been injured, has sat out, and frankly IMO is overpriced. For me Xeka has more ball skills. Estaquio would be an amazing fit for just over 5 million (heard it here).

I don't think Galtier really values Yazici, though you need that sort of sub, and he's helped some games. Weah, objectively, has had a poor year, has not had critical minutes at all. And those two have market value as well. In fact, if they sold those five they'd be over 100million€ up and only have to sign a starting keeper and the rest subs.

Edit: also need cover for Jose Fonte, for his age and to keep the back line strong.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If Lille sells Soumaré, Maignan and Sanches they won't be gutted and they'll have 75 million to show for it.

You can always pick up a fine keeper for under 10 million and their salaries are not usually high, I bet they have the best of the mid-table Ligue 1 teams scouted. Soumaré they say has promise but he certainly is not a key piece on the team. Sanches has been injured, has sat out, and frankly IMO is overpriced. For me Xeka has more ball skills. Estaquio would be an amazing fit for just over 5 million (heard it here).

I don't think Galtier really values Yazici, though you need that sort of sub, and he's helped some games. Weah, objectively, has had a poor year, has not had critical minutes at all. And those two have market value as well. In fact, if they sold those five they'd be over 100million€ up and only have to sign a starting keeper and the rest subs.

Edit: also need cover for Jose Fonte, for his age and to keep the back line strong.

Estaquio would be a great underrated signing for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

He is a midfielder that looks for a high quality pass and plays triangles. 
 

Not really a Lille type of player...

You can completely change the team and system just by dumping Ikone and Bamba.  Theoretically valued at $33m and $27m!!  I don't see how anyone pays that for them.

Bring in Eustaquio and its a brand new team and system.

Need to mention, I don't see how Lille would've won without Maignan and Yilmaz, their contributions were huge.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, costarg said:

You can completely change the team and system just by dumping Ikone and Bamba.  Theoretically valued at $33m and $27m!!  I don't see how anyone pays that for them.

Bring in Eustaquio and its a brand new team and system.

Need to mention, I don't see how Lille would've won without Maignan and Yilmaz, their contributions were huge.   

They haven't won, yet!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, costarg said:

You can completely change the team and system just by dumping Ikone and Bamba.  Theoretically valued at $33m and $27m!!  I don't see how anyone pays that for them.

Bring in Eustaquio and its a brand new team and system.

Need to mention, I don't see how Lille would've won without Maignan and Yilmaz, their contributions were huge.   

The dynamic duo got seperated as the season got on, go figure.  Up and down campaign for both men to my eye but yeah, found money as far as I'm concerned if you could sell either one, or better still both of them, for that sort of clink. 

Not sure Yilmaz has another season like that in him for no other reason then his age.  Things could turn on a dime for him.  And not for the better.  

I really rate Maignan but as UT mentioned above, he may be a luxury on this team at this time.  Don't think he'd be easy to replace but the drop off doesn't necesarily have to be so great as to not justify selling him on at the right price. 

Also rate Soumare just out of personal bias.  Probably more than some others.  My footballing DNA effects my eye sight, as it does us all.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soumare only just turned 22, he has his off games but when he is in form he is a monster. There's a reason why he's been linked to a big money move. Lille fans seem to be unnecessarily hard on their own players, him included, but I think his ceiling is very high and when he is at his peak he could be at a top club. Tough one on Bamba and Ikone, they're both skilled and can change a game from time to time but more often than not they just don't seem to have the IQ to carry out an attack. Araujo doesn't really seem like he's ready to start every game on the wing so if they sell the other two Jonathans, they would need to bring some new wingers in. If David stays, I personally would prefer that because those two are extremely frustrating to watch most of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing Lille has is a lot of depth, which may be a luxury they can't afford with their financial situation.  

I think they'll be net sellers, but they won't necessarily be any weaker for it, and may be better if they make some smart moves.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Maybe, but they will have Champions League money come in next year at least. So, could definitely see a player or two being sold but the squad remaining basically intact. 

Edit: lol, alright, I'll stop. 

Edited by Macksam
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Not sure Yilmaz has another season like that in him for no other reason then his age.  Things could turn on a dime for him.  And not for the better.  

Same could be said for Fonte, he was solid with Botman at the back.  Aside from Fonte and Yilmaz, its a pretty young team.

With a dip in form from Yilmaz, I look forward to seeing more of David and Weah playing together up top, we saw some good things there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If Lille sells Soumaré, Maignan and Sanches they won't be gutted and they'll have 75 million to show for it.

You can always pick up a fine keeper for under 10 million and their salaries are not usually high, I bet they have the best of the mid-table Ligue 1 teams scouted. Soumaré they say has promise but he certainly is not a key piece on the team. Sanches has been injured, has sat out, and frankly IMO is overpriced. For me Xeka has more ball skills. Estaquio would be an amazing fit for just over 5 million (heard it here).

I don't think Galtier really values Yazici, though you need that sort of sub, and he's helped some games. Weah, objectively, has had a poor year, has not had critical minutes at all. And those two have market value as well. In fact, if they sold those five they'd be over 100million€ up and only have to sign a starting keeper and the rest subs.

Edit: also need cover for Jose Fonte, for his age and to keep the back line strong.

We may not always agree on everything,  but I watch alot of Lille also... 

The above post was possibly one of your best posts ever. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apbsmith said:

We may not always agree on everything,  but I watch alot of Lille also... 

The above post was possibly one of your best posts ever. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

One of my best posts ever was a few weeks ago, and no one even liked it. Over on the Whitecaps thread. It was a one-liner that had an amazing Utah reference and just fell flat. 

I am still deeply disappointed it was not appreciated and your complement makes no dent in my feeling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

One of my best posts ever was a few weeks ago, and no one even liked it. Over on the Whitecaps thread. It was a one-liner that had an amazing Utah reference and just fell flat. 

I am still deeply disappointed it was not appreciated and your complement makes no dent in my feeling.

Dont feel bad, genius is often unappreciated in its time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'll even take another time to be appreciated, if you let me know when it will be.

When I saw the furniture reference in the Stephen Eustáquio thread I was hoping for a story of how your Barcelona apartment is fully furnished with furniture from Paços de Ferreira after you met a furniture maker on the streets of the town on a late Sunday stroll.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok ok ok perhaps "best post ever" was a reach.  I am deflecting my dramatic statement of me envisioning Estaquio in a Lille jersey setting up David with goal after goal after goal. 

As a massive follower of Lille this year, the post was spot on when it comes to selling off and still being a very good team.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...