Jonathan David

Vince193

54 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

With a red card and a 2-0 lead in the 1st half this should be a comfortable win for Lille.  

It would be nice if David could get a PK once in a while, but I don’t think that Lille have missed a PK this season.

David actually took one against Celtic and it was saved

7 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

He's scored 10 in his last 15 games. That's a pace of 24 goals over the course of a full season and comparable to last season with Gent

don’t forget about the assist(s)!

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

He's scored 10 in his last 15 games. That's a pace of 24 goals over the course of a full season and comparable to last season with Gent

After the slower start he is starting to get accustomed to the league and his team is figuring out how to get him better service.

Regardless, with Lille in a position to win the championship and with David figuring so prominently into their season everyone should consider it to be a success.

3 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

After the slower start he is starting to get accustomed to the league and his team is figuring out how to get him better service.

Regardless, with Lille in a position to win the championship and with David figuring so prominently into their season everyone should consider it to be a success.

Even with the slow start, anyone who doesn’t consider this year a success for David has their head up their ass.  The key goals he got - including the winner against PSG while injured - make this a slam dunk.  Sure it wasn’t ideal at the start, but you can’t argue with the second half of the season he has had.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Even with the slow start, anyone who doesn’t consider this year a success for David has their head up their ass.  The key goals he got - including the winner against PSG while injured - make this a slam dunk.  Sure it wasn’t ideal at the start, but you can’t argue with the second half of the season he has had.  

I am sure there is one yank who would disagree. 

8 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Nice one, onesoccer - cut off the broadcast at 4:54pm right as they were about to interview David.

Twits!

Yeah, I planned to watch the game this evening but it's still not available on replay.  No response from "support" for 2 hours and counting.  Of course there is no number to call and no hours listed.   Really no excuse it isn't available to watch from the kickoff anytime after it's started.  The CBC provided this for every event in the Olympics TEN YEARS AGO.

So I just cancelled my subscription and will use a VPN to watch CMNT qualifiers on concacaf youtube.

I am sure the Supporters of Lille are happy with the Jonathan David signing . He had his struggles like everything else , New team new team mates  it takes time to gel but his manager stuck with him and I am sure he worked his ass off too . 

4 hours ago, lenny said:

So I just cancelled my subscription and will use a VPN to watch CMNT qualifiers on concacaf youtube.

Have you checked that a VPN will work with the concacaf channel? I am considering as in HK and one soccer doesn’t offer replay for those outside Canada which is a bit of a problem as some of the matches will be in the middle of the night here so was hoping to watch them on replay as if they were live. If I can do that on the concacaf site that would be great

4 hours ago, An Observer said:

Have you checked that a VPN will work with the concacaf channel? 

I just checked again and it works.  Although  the Olympic qualifying games are there, I don't see the WCQ games, which I thought were broadcast live on that channel?

Is HK blocked?  I would have thought it was only blocked in N. America.

18 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Just listened to his post match press conference: very well spoken and thoughtful for someone of his age.  https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Jonathan-david-lille-on-se-rapproche-du-titre/1250113

I agree on him being well spoken, and giving credit to Yilmaz. Good attitude.

Just wondering - what accent would you say he has in French? I am out of Canada nearly 25 years now, but I learned in Quebec and that does not sound Quebecois to me. Any francophones from Ottawa here?

Edited by lowlander

9 minutes ago, lowlander said:

Just wondering - what accent would you say he has in French? I am out of Canada nearly 25 years now, but I learned in Quebec and that does not sound Quebecois to me. Any francophones from Ottawa here?

Haiti?

4 hours ago, lowlander said:

It definitely is more French/Belgian than Quebecois/Franco-Ontarian. 

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

PSG ties, I think a win and a tie seals it for Lille.

Forgot to check in on the score but that was one I was thinking about earlier.  Amazing that PSG dropped points.  That is a pretty big deal for Lille.  

Edited by dyslexic nam