Jonathan David

Vince193

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

A very interesting 4 way race for the title.

PSG has an away match at Manchester City in the Champions League.
PSG and Monaco have mid-week away matches in Coupe de France.

Lyon has very little travel but are 6 points behind.

Lille also have very little travel as the Derby du Nord is their away match next weekend:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_du_Nord

Not sure how it is a 4 team race at this point. Lille is 5 points up on Monaco and 6 up on Lyon with 3 games left. Only comes down to them and PSG. I would Sayville gave guaranteed themselves top 2 and a Champions League spot next season.

11 hours ago, Cheeta said:

I was speaking in broad strokes people!  If you're an athletic trainer I'm not trying to adversley effect your livelyhood!

Hmmm.  With all due respect to the professional trainers and sports medicine people who are a well established part of the modern footballing world.  Maybe for better context.

So should I assume that Alphonso Davies received some sort of secret training in Vancouver that Jonathan David couldn't get in Gent?  Because I wasn't.  

You can't teach speed.  You either got or you don't.

You can’t teach someone slow to suddenly be fast. But you can teach anyone to have modest improvements in their speed. I do agree though that David is unlikely to improve his speed much at this point. He’s a professional athlete, why would anyone assume he doesn’t already do speed training. He did admit to being out of shape coming into this season though so I supposed it is possible that with a good offseason he could come in a little faster next season.

The way David runs he looks slower than he really is. Sometimes when he closes down the keeper or a defender he is on them quickly.

On that semi-breakaway vs. Nice, you can't argue about his speed without knowing exactly how fast that Nice defender was. Any experts on that guy?

Nor can you just ignore who had the ball and kept it under control in a sprint, and who was tracking beside him. 

I get a sense he could lose a bit of weight, a kilo or two. He does not do hold-up play for Lille (no one does), he does not do a lot of heading on set plays, he does not need what he is carrying. 

13 hours ago, Cheeta said:

I was speaking in broad strokes people!  If you're an athletic trainer I'm not trying to adversley effect your livelyhood!

Hmmm.  With all due respect to the professional trainers and sports medicine people who are a well established part of the modern footballing world.  Maybe for better context.

So should I assume that Alphonso Davies received some sort of secret training in Vancouver that Jonathan David couldn't get in Gent?  Because I wasn't.  

You can't teach speed.  You either got or you don't.

I don't understand how people can argue about something like speed with someone named Cheeta.😁