Jump to content

Jonathan David


Vince193
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I love David and am super excited about where he will go in his career.  

But, he needs to stay on his feet more, he needs to be stronger on the all, and he needs to work on being faster.  

Fortunately, all of those things are able to be improved through training.  

Edited by dyslexic nam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I love David and am super excited about where he will go in his career.  

But, he needs to stay on his feet more, he needs to be stronger on the all, and he needs to work on being faster.  

Fortunately, all of those things are able to be improved through training.  

You can work on being quicker, but faster? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

David arguably should have 2 goals tonight - the break which he put over the goal, and the mis-control off the chest. A little disappointing today on the whole so far. 

His shot on the break was deflected over the goal and resulted in a corner. With all the sprinting he did in the first half for some excellent pressing he looked tired to me about midway through the second half

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

You can work on being quicker, but faster? 

Pretty sure there is training to increase speed as well as quickness -- especially for someone so young who is still developing physically. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like David is thinking too much. He’s been a bit more reactive and hesitant with Lille, where with Gent he wasn’t hesitating and was making hard decisive runs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Weng said:

It seems like David is thinking too much. He’s been a bit more reactive and hesitant with Lille, where with Gent he wasn’t hesitating and was making hard decisive runs.

He's developing a solid partnership with Yilmaz but it's not yet what  he had with Yaremchuk and Depoitre at Gent. Lille were better in the passing dept but I still think he is better behind a striker where he can get more on the ball. In addition to the assit on the first goal he also made a fantastic pass to Yilmaz who hit the post. On his counter strike he spun of his defender to be able to get a shot on goal. Those are the kind of abilities that most players on Lille lack and is why he is touted for a big move. He is also carrying a few pounds of extra muscle that may be impacting his speed?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not David related but Bamba could have had his leg broken when he was caught right above the ankle on a tackle and the player only got a yellow.  At the half, the player was given a retro red.

Bamba's lower leg literally buckled on contact.  

Edited by Snowcrash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Onelessstar said:

Pretty sure there is training to increase speed as well as quickness -- especially for someone so young who is still developing physically. 

I know what you're saying, however...

You can't teach speed.  You can't teach height.   You either have it or you don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

I know what you're saying, however...

You can't teach speed.  You can't teach height.   You either have it or you don't.

I hear what you are saying but... you can get faster. Do sprinters train to get faster? Yes. Does it work? Yes. If you trained for speed would you get faster? Yes. Mechanics, weight loss or gain etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Snowcrash said:

Not David related but Bamba could have had his leg broken when he was caught right above the ankle on a tackle and the player only got a yellow.  At the half, the player was given a retro red.

Bamba's lower leg literally buckled on contact.  

He got a second yellow in the second half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Cheeta said:

I know what you're saying, however...

You can't teach speed.  You can't teach height.   You either have it or you don't.

You can most definitely teach and train speed. I wonder where you are getting this stuff, it is not sound and not true. 

Any proper coach can train any teen or 20-something to increase speed, over short, middle and longer distance. And train to link a series of short fast sprints together. On a track, on a field. In 6 weeks you would have a notable difference. 

You can train a burst of 5 m, a quick start, lateral and backwards, a longer sprint, a sequence of sprints, general fitness, all of it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol@ “ you can’t train speed” - what do you think sprinters do?? I mean sure you’re never going to train the average guy to turn into Usain Bolt but of course you can become faster. Plyometrics, strength training etc are all tools to increase fast twitch muscles. I don’t know - maybe David is as fast as he’ll ever get but it’s foolish to pretend there’s no point in even trying 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A very interesting 4 way race for the title.

PSG has an away match at Manchester City in the Champions League.
PSG and Monaco have mid-week away matches in Coupe de France.

Lyon has very little travel but are 6 points behind.

Lille also have very little travel as the Derby du Nord is their away match next weekend:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_du_Nord

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Floortom said:

Lol@ “ you can’t train speed” - what do you think sprinters do?? I mean sure you’re never going to train the average guy to turn into Usain Bolt but of course you can become faster. Plyometrics, strength training etc are all tools to increase fast twitch muscles. I don’t know - maybe David is as fast as he’ll ever get but it’s foolish to pretend there’s no point in even trying 

I was speaking in broad strokes people!  If you're an athletic trainer I'm not trying to adversley effect your livelyhood!

Hmmm.  With all due respect to the professional trainers and sports medicine people who are a well established part of the modern footballing world.  Maybe for better context.

So should I assume that Alphonso Davies received some sort of secret training in Vancouver that Jonathan David couldn't get in Gent?  Because I wasn't.  

You can't teach speed.  You either got or you don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

I was speaking in broad strokes people!  If you're an athletic trainer I'm not trying to adversley effect your livelyhood!

Hmmm.  With all due respect to the professional trainers and sports medicine people who are a well established part of the modern footballing world.  Maybe for better context.

So should I assume that Alphonso Davies received some sort of secret training in Vancouver that Jonathan David couldn't get in Gent?  Because I wasn't.  

You can't teach speed.  You either got or you don't.

You can’t teach Davies-speed.  But as the person who made the original comment, that wasn’t what I was suggesting.  I just think he needs to get faster.  Davies is an exception - literally the fastest player in the Bundesliga this year.  

David is frequently getting outrun by centre backs in foot races for the ball.   I thought at one point he showed good speed for Canada when he jumped into a counter attack but lately it seems like he isn’t speedy.   But as a striker, that seems like something he would benefit from working on.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

I was speaking in broad strokes people!  If you're an athletic trainer I'm not trying to adversley effect your livelyhood!

Hmmm.  With all due respect to the professional trainers and sports medicine people who are a well established part of the modern footballing world.  Maybe for better context.

So should I assume that Alphonso Davies received some sort of secret training in Vancouver that Jonathan David couldn't get in Gent?  Because I wasn't.  

You can't teach speed.  You either got or you don't.

smh.... I bet (no... guarantee) Alphonso Davies received some secret training at Bayern that he didn't receive at Vancouver. Not saying JD would become the fastest footballer in the world with speed training (to support your point, he wouldn't) but he would get faster. I think you aren't explaing your point as you mean to....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 9:45 PM, LeoH037 said:

He is only 21 years old and right now what is most important for him is TO PLAY. Period. As much as we would like to someday see him play for a big club, ultimately the fact is that as it stands he is playing at a VERY good level/league for a 21 year old and is an important part of his team. If he decides not to move yet we should not blame him, ultimately he and his agent are doing what is best for his career and long term future. He has just found his feet in France, IMO it would be ill advised to move so soon, I'd rather see him get a full season of him in full form and bag in 15-20 goals so that whichever team decides to later get him will have no choice but to consider him an automatic starter.  IMO he is also not quite ready for a step up. He wasn't quite ready for Ligue 1 yet Lille were super patient with him and it paid off, however I highly doubt he would be afforded the same courtesy in a top team of a top 4 league if he is not fully ready.

well said.  Another year in Ligue 1 and likely have same production as he has 2nd half the season and Top 4 Teams will be jumping all over for his service! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...