Jonathan David

Vince193

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Demoted? I think that’s a bit harsh

Common place for youngsters who don't get minutes in the senior match that week. It is good that he gets some playing time.

We have to remember that despite his hot start, he is still just a teenager who made the jump from Ontario men's league straight to the Belgian First Division.

Wow the paranoia factor concerning David is high even by Voyageur's standards. When he scored a couple of goals in sub appearances people were condemning the coach for not starting him (which the coach then did shortly after) and now he plays a Reserves game likely to keep fit and we think he has been demoted. ?

Edited by Grizzly

Ballou did not play this weekend either, nothing to be worried about here. Not training during the week and not being with the group are factors; and then, if he is getting minutes, staying game sharp, that is because they are properly managing his time training and competing. 

What a find this guy, came really out of nowhere, considering where he is now.

20 hours ago, toontownman said:

He is still young and the kid gloves treatment will hopefully preserve his longevity physically and also make him hungrier. 

Seems strange not to play him if he is good enough though.

This seems to go above and beyond the gloves treatment.  There are times when we can be homers and call for playing time when there is a case to be made that benching them is deserved.  For example, Davies only really becoming a full time starter this season.  But this is just next level bizarre when a) he’s objectively the most productive player (Davies wasn’t producing) and b) he can’t even get a sub appearance (even when Davies didn’t start he would get at least an appearance). 

I cant recall another example of a Canadian player ever getting this treatment.  My theory is that Awoniyi is on a loan deal where they pay more if he doesn’t play so they’re giving him time even if he’s not producing.. but even that theory doesn’t make sense when he’s the only attacker on loan.

To make an honest evaluation, you should know the other options the coach has. Scoring is one thing, you can always be lucky sometimes. There's other stuff to, how is his hold-up play? How well does he connect with the other attackers? They obviously rate him, they signed him and played him, but he's just 18. He'll get his chances I'm sure. 

• 1 month later...

I'd be surprised if what I am seeing is accurate, but it looks like Jonathan David is starting for Gent today in the Belgian league in the centre of a midfield 3.

Edit: As I suspected, the above looks to be false. Found another source listing him wide left in a front 3.

Edited by Obinna

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I'd be surprised if what I am seeing is accurate, but it looks like Jonathan David is starting for Gent today in the Belgian league in the centre of a midfield 3.

Edit: As I suspected, the above looks to be false. Found another source listing him wide left in a front 3.

Getting the start is always good though.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Getting the start is always good though.

For sure.

He's been stuck on 4 league goals for a while now, but I have a feeling he'll score today. They have won 3 and drawn 2 in their last 5 games against the opponent if I recall correctly. Gent, I believe, are also the home team.