Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guys, it is fun to spell this out. There was a very big game today. Mbappe, Neymar, di Maria, and David all entered the field. Only one of those players left with a goal, and got the 3 points for the win to boot. That's Canada's 2nd best player against Brazil and France's best players, and an important player for Argentina. That's what happened today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the translated article:   Jonathan David (Lille): “I wasn't ready” Jonathan David, the Canadian center forward from Lille, scorer of three goals in his last four matches, talks abou

Guys, it is fun to spell this out. There was a very big game today. Mbappe, Neymar, di Maria, and David all entered the field. Only one of those players left with a goal, and got the 3 points for the

some positive news here. Galtier saying David is healing much faster than anticipated and he’s walking around well. He definitely won’t play the next two matches but it sounds like he should return be

Posted Images

Just gonna toss this out there..... 

You would be hard pressed to find any Lille fan out there, especially this evening, that says the David transfer was a disappointment. 

If Lille hold onto the title David's goal will go down in Lille sports history as one of the greatest moments in the club history. 

On a side note, my wife usually says it's how you finish that matters most, not how you start. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantic said:

He’s the 7th player 21 or younger to reach 10 goals in a top 5 league, I call that pretty good 🤷🏼‍♂️

Does that include Reyna’s goals during training sessions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Just gonna toss this out there..... 

You would be hard pressed to find any Lille fan out there, especially this evening, that says the David transfer was a disappointment. 

If Lille hold onto the title David's goal will go down in Lille sports history as one of the greatest moments in the club history. 

On a side note, my wife usually says it's how you finish that matters most, not how you start. 

 

A botched start can make for an awkward journey though... allegedly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, One American said:

I would say that 10-ish goals and tied for 10th in the league is a little disappointing, for a guy who Lille broke their bank for and who is supposed to be making a pit stop in France before moving on to better things.  Obviously he's played a lot better lately. 

Whatever way you want to spin it. I’ll spin it another way.
 

He leads Ligue 1 in goals since the new year. So he’s the most in form striker in France for the last 3 months. 
 

And honestly, if he took penalties, and didn’t get screwed out of a couple goals, he’d have 15/16 goals, with 7 to go. 
 

With the way that team plays, that’s pretty impressive actually. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, One American said:

If I had said in September that David would end the year with 9 or 10 goals, everyone here would have accused me of trolling. So I would say, yeah, 10 goals, especially after Lille paid 30 million for him, would be a little disappointing, for the entire season, on the whole. 

Season hasn’t ended yet.

If he ends on 10 goals, saying his season was slightly disappointing would be something I could accept, although when you consider how late he joined the team, how unfit he was when he joined, and the fact he had to adjust to a different role, and struggled to do so, then yeah I would personally be satisfied with 10 goals.

Like I said though, season is not over. I think 12 goals would be a healthy enough return for his debut season, rough start or not. There aren’t many CONCACAF forwards who have scored more in a top 5 league this season.

Edited by Obinna
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

Whatever way you want to spin it. I’ll spin it another way.
 

He leads Ligue 1 in goals since the new year. So he’s the most in form striker in France for the last 3 months. 
 

And honestly, if he took penalties, and didn’t get screwed out of a couple goals, he’d have 15/16 goals, with 7 to go. 
 

With the way that team plays, that’s pretty impressive actually. 

It's actually pretty easy to explain. He is the leading scorer for the league leaders. What more can you ask for?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Season hasn’t ended yet.

If he ends on 10 goals, saying his season was slightly disappointing would be something I could accept, although when you consider how late he joined the team, how unfit he was when he joined, and the fact he had to adjust to a different role, and struggled to do so, I would personally be happy with 10 goals.

LikeI sad though, season is not over. I think 12 goals would be a healthy enough return for his debut season, rough start or not. There aren’t many CONCACAF forwards who have scored more in a top 5 league this season.

Are there any? And we’re talking about a 21 year old. A guy who has potted 6(?) winners for a table topping side. A player who should rightly have 12+ goals and that’s after a rough start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Only Lozano as far as I can think of...

Just checked and he has 9 in serie A.. so not even.

and wow if David is having a poor season what do we say about Sargent and Weah? Two projected starters for the US.. David has more league goals than the two combined. 
 

A record signing leading his team in goals, winning goals and to the top of the league. You can’t spin that as disappointing.

Edited by CanadaFan123
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Just checked and he has 9 in serie A.. so not even.

 

Ah nice. I didn’t check and just assumed. 
Michail Antonio was another I thought of but he’s not there either as he’s just missed too many matches.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, One American said:

I would say that 10-ish goals and tied for 10th in the league is a little disappointing, for a guy who Lille broke their bank for and who is supposed to be making a pit stop in France before moving on to better things.  Obviously he's played a lot better lately. 

They broke the bank because he’s a young promising player with big potential. They were not expecting 20+ goals.. 10-15 goals is a pretty good first season to build on. I’m not disappointed at all especially if you consider the style that Lille have played all season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/canadian-jonathan-david-leaves-lille-game-early-1.1617648%3ftsn-amp

“TSN's Matthew Scianitti reports that David's ankle is swollen, but early indications are that he is not seriously injured.  He will undergo further evaluation.“

 

Good, if not surprising to hear. Galtier had called it a "nasty ankle injury" in the post-game presser (where he also revealed that Xeka was excluded from the team today due to "inappropriate behaviour"):

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/975079/article/2021-04-03/football-ligue-1-jonathan-david-severement-touche-xeka-sanctionne

I wonder if Xeka pulled a Weston McKennie and held a Covid Rules-flouting party at his house (for those unaware: https://www.marca.com/en/football/serie-a/2021/04/03/60683e38ca4741db628b458c.html)

 

Edited by Gian-Luca
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Just gonna toss this out there..... 

You would be hard pressed to find any Lille fan out there, especially this evening, that says the David transfer was a disappointment. 

If Lille hold onto the title David's goal will go down in Lille sports history as one of the greatest moments in the club history. 

On a side note, my wife usually says it's how you finish that matters most, not how you start. 

 

You're so lucky she talks to you at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Good, if not surprising to hear. Galtier had called it a "nasty ankle injury" in the post-game presser (where he also revealed that Xeka was excluded from the team today due to "inappropriate behaviour"):

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/975079/article/2021-04-03/football-ligue-1-jonathan-david-severement-touche-xeka-sanctionne

I wonder if Xeka pulled a Weston McKennie and held a Covid Rules-flouting party at his house (for those unaware: https://www.marca.com/en/football/serie-a/2021/04/03/60683e38ca4741db628b458c.html)

 

Yazici has  Covid so it could be as easy as him hanging hung out with him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...