Jonathan David

Vince193

1 hour ago, C2SKI said:

Canada’s current squad is now valued at € 32.5 mil too. That’s the highest I can remember.

David, Cavallini, Larin, Davies, Hoilett, Osorio, Arfield and Borjan are all valued over over a million euros, plus Hutchinson is probably around a million if I recall correctly. So 8-9 players.

Generally in the past we have had 3-4 players in that category, so this is a welcomed sign, even if the values themselves are largely fictitious.

22 minutes ago, Obinna said:

David, Cavallini, Larin, Davies, Hoilett, Osorio, Arfield and Borjan are all valued over over a million euros, plus Hutchinson is probably around a million if I recall correctly. So 8-9 players.

Generally in the past we have had 3-4 players in that category, so this is a welcomed sign, even if the values themselves are largely fictitious.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/atiba-hutchinson/profil/spieler/16101

Exactly 1 million

Just now, Snowcrash said:

When David gets sold by Gent, I can see his transfer value being higher than what the Whitecaps got for Davies.  

Higher...hmmm...could be close. It all depends on how he continues to do honestly.

If he fizzles out of form for a bit then he'll be priced at a natural promising teenager price, but if he Mbappe's the Belgium league then he can be considered potential world class which would warrant a higher transfer.

But like all transfers, this is all speculative. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Snowcrash said:

David made his first start today and played the full 90 as Gent was thrashed 4-0 at home to league leaders Club Bruge. No idea how he played but nice progress for someone playing amateur soccer in Ottawa less than 10 months ago.

I think that was his second start and he scored on his 1st start

On 9/23/2018 at 6:07 PM, Snowcrash said:

David made his first start today and played the full 90 as Gent was thrashed 4-0 at home to league leaders Club Bruge. No idea how he played but nice progress for someone playing amateur soccer in Ottawa less than 10 months ago.

David turned down all the academies in Canada to remain with his coach. 

6 hours ago, BCM1555362349 said:

Football Manager or nothing at all.

Our player ratings are always interesting in this game.  I find for the most part our guys are pretty accurate in their play.   Hoping they gave Davies a boost and David/Tabla/Millar are high potential players.  Last year Davies never really developed and Tabla was a bust.. Millar turned to a league one level player. 

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Hopefully this isn't related to the match fixing scandal that is breaking in Belgium right now.

Hope David wasn't involved in any of the match fixing crap. Saw Gent were one of the clubs raided.

26 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Don't even joke.  The last thing we need is for him or his team to be involved in this.

Sorry to tell you https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11522689/belgian-authorities-raid-multiple-clubs-in-financial-fraud-and-match-fixing-investigation

6 minutes ago, matty said:

Hope David wasn't involved in any of the match fixing crap. Saw Gent were one of the clubs raided.

Sorry to tell you https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11522689/belgian-authorities-raid-multiple-clubs-in-financial-fraud-and-match-fixing-investigation

That sucks.  If Gent are involved (and it seems like they are), I at least hope that David comes out unscathed.  I have no idea the extent to which this sort of thing follows players around once they look for other opportunities.

Needless to say, stay tuned...