Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the translated article:   Jonathan David (Lille): “I wasn't ready” Jonathan David, the Canadian center forward from Lille, scorer of three goals in his last four matches, talks abou

Guys, it is fun to spell this out. There was a very big game today. Mbappe, Neymar, di Maria, and David all entered the field. Only one of those players left with a goal, and got the 3 points for the

some positive news here. Galtier saying David is healing much faster than anticipated and he’s walking around well. He definitely won’t play the next two matches but it sounds like he should return be

Posted Images

Agree on the non-goal.  That was going in the corner without a touch.  I doubt they overturn it but the coach will know that he made that goal.  
 

He made his usual good runs into space between defenders - too bad that the attempted passes to him were all over hit.  And almost created a goal by harassing the keeper into a mid-hit.  Unfortunate that he got subbed off but still a good day and a solid win for Lille.  Let’s hope we can play like this against Ajax.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Ikone just hit a 10/10 free kick.  Got it barely over the wall and curled it into the corner.  I was preparing to be mad that David didn’t get it but that kick really couldn’t be beat.  

Ikone is actually a very skilled player.  He's been called up a few times by Dechamps.  It's when he has to consider options during the run of play that his game becomes extremely one-dimensional and entirely predictable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lille have to play all 3 teams immediately behind them in the standings on the road, so it won't be easy for them to hang on to that lead, even if playing on the road doesn't mean as much currently with no fans in the stands.

From the highlights, PSG rested Verratti (didn't bring him on until they were already down 2-0) and looked woeful and asleep at the back on both goals. They have Verratti somewhat called out his teammates after the game, saying that they can't just concentrate on CCL but play with the same intensity in the league. I wonder if Lille is doing the opposite, although they just looked overly cautious and not confident rather than lethargic against Ajax.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Lille have to play all 3 teams immediately behind them in the standings on the road, so it won't be easy for them to hang on to that lead, even if playing on the road doesn't mean as much currently with no fans in the stands.

From the highlights, PSG rested Verratti (didn't bring him on until they were already down 2-0) and looked woeful and asleep at the back on both goals. They have Verratti somewhat called out his teammates after the game, saying that they can't just concentrate on CCL but play with the same intensity in the league. I wonder if Lille is doing the opposite, although they just looked overly cautious and not confident rather than lethargic against Ajax.

But if PSG solely focus on winning CCL, they without a doubt in my mind would easily win it. I’ll put all my sons savings on it.

It would be league that is harder to win. 😁😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I see the goal difference lead PSG have is narrowing. They are +40 and both Lille and Lyon are +30.

So head-to-head results are not used, did not know that. Goal difference is first, then goal total, then playoff deciders at a neutral venue. 

As said, the match with PSG in early April will be important, if Lille wins that may be enough.

With just 12 matches left they are coming to the wire, but it seems they all will drop points. For me, Lille has to step it up quite a bit if they want the league as when PSG gets to full strength they are going to push hard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So head-to-head results are not used, did not know that. Goal difference is first, then goal total, then playoff deciders at a neutral venue. 

As said, the match with PSG in early April will be important, if Lille wins that may be enough.

With just 12 matches left they are coming to the wire, but it seems they all will drop points. For me, Lille has to step it up quite a bit if they want the league as when PSG gets to full strength they are going to push hard.

Not actually sure the order of the tie breakers. Just noting what the GD currently is. I generally assume GD is used first, but I don't know in this case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Not actually sure the order of the tie breakers. Just noting what the GD currently is. I generally assume GD is used first, but I don't know in this case.

Here's the order for tiebreakers for Ligue 1:

1) Points; 2) Goal difference; 3) Goals scored; 4) Head-to-head goal difference; 5) Fairplay ranking

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

On the bench against Ajax with Weah and Yazici starting up front.  I wish this was him being rested but I think they are still hoping for success in Europe so it is probably just Galtier trying a new combo.  

I had the opposite impression, that this is a secondary priority vs. winning the league. Other regular starters like Fonte &  Andre are also being rested.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This tie is over and I’m astonished how Lille are first place in that farmers league. They can’t muster any offence at all and are making Ajax looking like defensive juggernaut.  Ikone needs to work on his finishing if he wants to score more goals if not he should just pass up the ball to a better finisher . He just shoots on site 

Edited by Canuckistan2019
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...