Jonathan David

Vince193

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

Is Oliver Ntcham that bad?

Andre Villas-Boas walked away when the sporting director brought Ntcham in on loan.

More info in this article.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/marseille/story/4306060/marseille-in-crisis-why-fans-invaded-training-groundwhy-villas-boas-leftwhats-next-for-club

57 minutes ago, narduch said:

Is Oliver Ntcham that bad?

Hasn't played as much this (wretched) season.  He's OK on his day if a bit silly at times.  Should fit right in Ligue 1!  

Ntcham is just another prop for the off field drama.  Pretty dick move to bring in a player the coach doesn't want (and has already said as much) and pull that player into the middle of all this.  Very telling.  Not a good look for the Marseille brass.     

I think that ties David with Neymar in the goal scoring charts (unless the latter scores today and this game isn't over yet either of course), although the latter has payed fewer minutes. A typical goal for David though while playing at Lille - not actually set up by his teammates. Last week's goal was an exception to the rule!

In fairness, there have been a few passes where they tried to find David but they were either over hit or cut out. They may not have generated a lot of quality chances that half but they are moving the ball well and look pretty comfortable. Then only issue, as the commentator pointed out, is complacency. Better to put Nantes to the sword and finish this off.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

6 minutes ago, gator said:

I am pleased David has scored but this is a hard watch for me, every time I watch this team I see the same selfishness and ill advised shots with David luring in good positions and mostly invisible to his team mates!

He held a nice run in the box and the teammate spotted him at the penalty spot but just couldn’t get it to him. Araujo (who is having an outstanding match) also tried to play him in but over cooked his pass. Otherwise he was clear.

This Lille team is playing great football but it’s a scary match where you could see them giving up once chance and dropping points.

Ikone looked good but Bamba continues to play with his head down or if he does play a ball it’s usually off. The central mids are weak in creating as well. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

11 hours ago, frmr said:

Anyone wanna pay a euro for a L'Equipe subscription and post the article here?

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Jonathan-david-lille-je-n-etais-pas-pret/1220474

Like @Shway says, if it exists online, I can find it for you for free, even if I have to go to the darkweb to do it! ;)

All jokes aside, some user on a LOSC forum with a Tony the Tiger avatar seems to have copy+pasted it. Go here:

https://www.passionlosc.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=432985

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille