Jonathan David

Vince193

Mbappe is on the bench and Neymar is not playing. So Lille should be able to handle the PSG attack a bit better. 

Must say that Bamba is a hard worker on defence, or at least he seems to be and they can drop Yazici back into the midfield and let Yilmaz battle it out up high if need be. 

I'm only going to half watch while doing other stuff.

PSG began to boss them the last 25 minutes, Lille looked a step behind. With their rival missing strike power they are a bit lucky, De Maria is an amazing player but not a prolific scorer. 

Lille went forward well at the start with Ikone squandering chances and making dumb choices that, fortunately, will have his other teammates frustrated. This guy is a liability. 

Galtier shouting and berating his players for missing marks like I've never seen before. But I like that he's pushing his side, as he has rarely been seen to do so verbally.

To be fair to Yilmaz, that pass was not right, and the first touch was wrong. But still, same old, same old. David's teammates really screwing each over. 

The match really has evened out and picked up with the sub on. David coming back to defend, covering, touching nicely. 

With Mbappe on you have more of a counter strike scenario, as Lille has gotten a bit more of the ball. But I think a draw would be fine, they can't go crazy these last 15 min.

8 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

"Once again, Lille guilty of running with the ball when they should be looking to release it."

Thank Fucking You! FFS!

Lille is clearly a good team and Bamba is obviously a good player all things considered but this is such an inexcusable part of his game and a larger issue of Lille's offence. I know we keep harping on about it but it's so frustrating with or without David on the field

Well they managed those last 10 minutes with Mbappe on very well. They pressed high instead of sitting back. And won a few deep, notably David twice, once for a foul and then for that late corner. They played more like a team tactically, took their time and got the draw, which puts them back on the top of the league. 

Without being at all a great match, and with PSG obviously hurting (and it looks like they had a couple more injuries tonight), I'd say Lille has to be happy. 

I started with an Argentine feed, they argued PSG was a 60-40 favourite in the Champions draw vs. Barça. After seeing that, and even considering how poorly FCB is playing, I think it is quite a bit closer. I don't see PSG being that hugely dominant side and, from what we saw tonight, they probably need a Cavani-type striker still.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist