Jonathan David

Vince193

23 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Yilmaz has 80 pace in FIFA 21 and Depoitre has 56 pace. As we all know, FIFA’s ratings are perfect so in conclusion, Yilmaz has good enough pace. 

For comparison, Jonathan David has 85 pace, Aguero 78, Kane 68, Raul Jimenez 78, Lacazette 76.

I will have to bow to your knowledge on it.  The sum total of my experience of FIFA and pace is hearing Michail Antonio get upset every year because he thinks his is too low.  

38 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Yilmaz has 80 pace in FIFA 21 and Depoitre has 56 pace. As we all know, FIFA’s ratings are perfect so in conclusion, Yilmaz has good enough pace. 

For comparison, Jonathan David has 85 pace, Aguero 78, Kane 68, Raul Jimenez 78, Lacazette 76.

I think we need a 2nd opinion. What does Football Manager say? 😀

Looks like David and Yilmaz are a pretty good combo.

Avec Jonathan David + Burak Yilmaz au coup d'envoi en L1 :

7 matchs, 6 victoires, 1 nul – 14 buts marqués, 2 matchs à moins d'1 xG

Sans Jonathan David + Burak Yilmaz au coup d'envoi en L1 :

6 matchs, 1 victoire, 4 nuls, 1 défaite – 10 but marqués, 4 matchs à moins d'1 xG pic.twitter.com/3uVu9b3t0p

When David and Yilmaz play together, Lille pick up 19 out of 21 possible points.

When they don't, Lille get only 7 out of 18 possible points.

1 hour ago, Snowcrash said:

Looks like David and Yilmaz are a pretty good combo.

Avec Jonathan David + Burak Yilmaz au coup d'envoi en L1 :

7 matchs, 6 victoires, 1 nul – 14 buts marqués, 2 matchs à moins d'1 xG

Sans Jonathan David + Burak Yilmaz au coup d'envoi en L1 :

6 matchs, 1 victoire, 4 nuls, 1 défaite – 10 but marqués, 4 matchs à moins d'1 xG pic.twitter.com/3uVu9b3t0p

When David and Yilmaz play together, Lille pick up 19 out of 21 possible points.

When they don't, Lille get only 7 out of 18 possible points.

I just wonder how similar this is to the same stats for when David starts vs. when he doesn't, regardless of who he is with.

Overall though, after the slow start that was caused by being off for 5 months and then having no pre-season, in the last several games where he's been up to speed he's had the sort of productivity that we probably would have expected for a 20 year old in his first year in Ligue 1 when goals, assists and chance creation is taken into account. The only blemish for me really is the missed PK, which I think he scores if he already has a couple of goals under his belt and the confidence flowing.

40 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I just wonder how similar this is to the same stats for when David starts vs. when he doesn't, regardless of who he is with.

Overall though, after the slow start that was caused by being off for 5 months and then having no pre-season, in the last several games where he's been up to speed he's had the sort of productivity that we probably would have expected for a 20 year old in his first year in Ligue 1 when goals, assists and chance creation is taken into account. The only blemish for me really is the missed PK, which I think he scores if he already has a couple of goals under his belt and the confidence flowing.

David's had four or five chances that he would have scored with his eyes closed at his peak form with Gent. 

Lille play Celtic today at 4pm AST.  Not sure about the odds of David playing.  They have already clinched a spot in the next round but if they beat 1-point Celtic they are assured of 1st place in Group H and likely have an easier opponent in the next round.  

David seems to be a solid starter despite the limited goals so I don’t know if he gets the game off to rest up for league play or if they go for it tonight recognizing that they have a decent shot at the Europa League.  

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

According to livescore Jonathan David has scored in this match in the first half but Celtic lead 2-1. I guess everyone is used to him scoring now since I am surprised that no-one has posted this info before I have.

Livescore is incorrect. Ikone scored for Lille from Yazici. David did good defensive work before the goal, but it was mainly from a Celtic error.

Weird....did David get the yellow card that livescore credited to Ikone or were they accurate about that at least? They have triply stated it's Jonathan David who got the goal so I'm trying to figure out if they have mistaken the two players for each other.

Edit - Now they have triply corrected themselves after crediting the goal to David for a good 25 minutes

Edited by Gian-Luca

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Weird....did David get the yellow card that livescore credited to Ikone or were they accurate about that at least? They have triply stated it's Jonathan David who got the goal so I'm trying to figure out if they have mistaken the two players for each other.

ikone with the yellow and the goal. David being largely ignored because yazici and ikone like to pass the ball back and fourth with exclusively each other. 

9 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Edit - Now they have triply corrected themselves after crediting the goal to David for a good 25 minutes

I used LiveScore for a long time, but for a little while now they have been relatively inaccurate (with this stuff but also with formations/positions). There are multiple better options now. I use SofaScore but I haven't tried the other ones, but it is significantly better than LiveScore.

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know Ikone got the lone goal for Lille, but he is the most annoying player I have ever paid attention to.  Missed passing opportunities, just aimlessly smashing the ball into defenders, etc.  Frustrating.

I rip on him, bamba and yazici a ton, but honestly it reminds me of watching TFc with Giovinco. Gio would just take the ball and put his head down and go, the difference is TFC won games like that because Gio could pretty much run the attack by himself.. Lille wins despite that, usually because they sub a couple of those guys out for players who combine. 

19 minutes ago, BradMack said:

I rip on him, bamba and yazici a ton, but honestly it reminds me of watching TFc with Giovinco. Gio would just take the ball and put his head down and go, the difference is TFC won games like that because Gio could pretty much run the attack by himself.. Lille wins despite that, usually because they sub a couple of those guys out for players who combine. 

But the difference is that even though Giovinco had a tendency to hog the ball and dribble around players, he would also combine with others too. I never see that with Ikone. He will pass the ball when he is forced to recycle possession, or if he is crossing into the box, but he rarely (if ever) plays off his teammates to get around defenders. David on the other hand relies on this heavily, which is why his movement is so fantastic. Ikone and David are both very talented, but they could not be more different.  

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

I am rooting for him but David was pretty anonymous in this game.  Not that there was a lot of service to utilize, but was hoping for more.  

He is playing with his back to goal, so naturally he is not going to have the touches, or the influence, we hope for. 

If there is a silver lining it is that his hold up play will improve playing for Lille, for what that is worth...

17 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am rooting for him but David was pretty anonymous in this game.  Not that there was a lot of service to utilize, but was hoping for more.  

He's only anonymous when guys around him aren't interested in combining with him. If you watch this team when Yilmaz and David are up top its a completely different team, and it's actually pretty fun to watch. It is possible that David isn't the true #9 Lille want, as he plays a lot better slightly behind Yilmaz. It is also possible with Ikone, Bamba and Yazici in the team that they aren't meant to play with a true #9 like David is asked to play.

Those three play completely on the outside of the box and recycle posession from side to side until  one of them decides to try to take on three defenders by themselves in the box. Honestly how many crosses did lille attempt tonight... 3? How many times did someone look off the direct run and instead try to dribble all the way themselves, and then post up and play the ball back and let celtic set up 10 men behind the ball? Its like Ikone and Yazici think just counter attacking regularly is too easy, so they let the defenders get set so they can run at the whole back line. 

Anyway, the stats are in, with Yilmaz and David up top together Lille are way more dangerous, and win. 

https://twitter.com/NousSommesLille/status/1335889158963785730?s=20

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

If it's any consolation to how David's season has gone Gent just crashed out of Europa without getting even 1 point a s they are currently 13th in Belgium. At least his current team is pretty successful.

Gent is a dumpster fire this season.  Thorup got canned after a slow start and his replacement lasted maybe 4 games.  An assistant coach is now the manager and while I don't expect them to be relegated, everything that can go wrong has gone wrong for them.