13 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

To answer the three of you:

---------

So I expect that TV5 won't get the Lille vs PSG match on Sunday December 20th 9pm because the opponent is Paris and it is listed as a Top 10 match of the season and therefore seen as a "very high broadcast value" match.  :(

I didn't copy this all above as it was long, but I liked your post and must say that was clear as day and very informative, great post.

I too was wondering why a rather unsexy match like Lille-Lorient would be on this prime spot, I also found it odd. And also because these 9pm matches in France are usually NOT shown in Spain as they coincide with key Liga matches. I see Lille live more when they are on Saturday early afternoons, but was also wondering why they'd disappeared from those slots, Europa League being the obvious answer. So great post. 

So now, the question as to TV audiences: where would Lille rank? Is their audience below PSG, Marseille, Lyon, Monaco then? Any other clubs clearly drawing more tv fans after those four?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the translated article:   Jonathan David (Lille): “I wasn't ready” Jonathan David, the Canadian center forward from Lille, scorer of three goals in his last four matches, talks abou

Yes, you have made that abundantly clear.  You don't need to say it again.

PSG lose 2-0 to Monaco so Lille are 1st, 3 pts ahead of Lyon and 4 pts ahead of PSG

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

In the next 10 days Lille have 2 Europa matches and a game against struggling St Etienne.   With David clearly starting to assert himself I am excited to see what the next week and a half holds. Going to have to find some reliable streams for the Europas.  

He's scored against St Etienne before :)

He is starting once again. He was very good last time against Milan, let's see if they drop deeper this time against Lille after getting ripped up in their earlier meeting. Very good sign that David is starting again after playing in the last league match. I think Galtier knows he needs to get him going rather than sitting him, and David has been playing much better recently. He is up front with Yazici again which is their best attacking partnership imo.

11 minutes ago, El Diego said:

He is starting once again. He was very good last time against Milan, let's see if they drop deeper this time against Lille after getting ripped up in their earlier meeting. Very good sign that David is starting again after playing in the last league match. I think Galtier knows he needs to get him going rather than sitting him, and David has been playing much better recently. He is up front with Yazici again which is their best attacking partnership imo.

The fact that their leading scorer (Yilmaz) is on the bench in a game like this should reassure anyone who has questions about what the coach thinks of David's play so far.

48 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am not a trained ref, but I have never understood how someone can blatantly pull someone down to stop a fast break and not get a yellow.  The only intent is to stop the play.  To me, that should be an automatic yellow - if only to really discourage that sort of thing.

It's praised more than vilified these days as a good tactical move. Make the foul and take the card, or not in this case!