Jonathan David

Vince193

13 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

A shame he can’t pass the ball to himself for a breakaway. Denied two chances for break aways by crap through balls. And now the French commentators have mistaken him for another black player on another breakaway 

Bamba was guilty of bad passes twice when a basic weighted pass would have put David in alone on goal.  Credit to JD though - he just kept working until it happened for him.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

He finally did it! Lille up 4-0 now.

By the way are the TV5 announcers Canadian? Gareth Wheeler level excitement for the goal.

I was wondering that myself. That breakaway that #19 for Lille had they thought it was David and were shouting his name loudly expecting him to finally score, like they were obsessed with the prospect of it happening like we are. Because they never show the replay, I’m not sure they ever realized that it wasn’t him who missed that chance. 

1 hour ago, gator said:

I think he played quite well that half he just needs to get that first one, he is getting so close unfortunate to hit the post instead of scoring! I noticed him being in some very good positions at times and his team mates either ignored him or didn't see him, I haven't watched many of his matches so I'm not sure if this has been a common theme!

Yes, it has been like that from day 1 in this team.

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

I was wondering that myself. That breakaway that #19 for Lille had they thought it was David and were shouting his name loudly expecting him to finally score, like they were obsessed with the prospect of it happening like we are. Because they never show the replay, I’m not sure they ever realized that it wasn’t him who missed that chance. 

I was wondering whether TV5 was based out of Lille.  They do seem to show Les Dogues more than any other L1 team and the announcers were quite alarmed when Lorient had one of their better chances.  

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Bamba was guilty of bad passes twice when a basic weighted pass would have put David in alone on goal.  Credit to JD though - he just kept working until it happened for him.  

Galtier took off Bamba right after the second one, I think because the crappiness of those two passes signified he was getting tired. He had played really well before that. But earlier in the 2nd half David wasn’t able to get a clean shot off on what should have been another breakaway as Yasici fed a poor ball that was behind David that he had to slow his run to retrieve, which was a shame given the nice pass David had given him for his second

Edited by Gian-Luca

Fonte has been a good captain in all this. Spoke out about him in the midst of the drought and on his feet immediately when he scored. 

I think most of the team realized they are better with David playing and will be even better with him scoring, obviously.  

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Just now, ray said:

I was wondering whether TV5 was based out of Lille.  They do seem to show Les Dogues more than any other L1 team and the announcers were quite alarmed when Lorient had one of their better chances.  

I have been assuming that TV5 has been showing Lille games for the Canadian market specifically because of David. Otherwise one would think it would be PSG each week instead of Lille. But with all the focus -or rather, Voyageurs-like obsession- on David this game it makes me suspect they are local Canadian commentators from Quebec.