Jonathan David

Vince193

21 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Credit where it's due. That was a great through pass from Bamba. That being said, if it was any of Lille's other attacking players on the end of it, they'd 100% taken the shot themselves. Only David has the vision and team-first mindset to lay that off for Yezici to finish his hattrick.

I rest my case. Fuck you, Bamba! 😠

Just now, Ansem said:

I had to pinch myself...David was passed the ball in the box 🙄

Not as surprising with the makeup of the team after all the subs. The Turkish strikers have been fine with passing and receiving and two youngsters have replaced the 2 black holes. David's first touch and composure in the midst of a crowd there was impressive.

He was really involved in the attack, helped make a goal, and was making runs behind the lines and was open for passes a bunch of times. That is the stuff that will make the coach happy and keep David on the team sheet in the short term.  

I am starting to think that the tendency to hog the ball and have an ineffective  crack from distance is what separates Lille’s players from those playing in the top tier.   They have the same level of individual skill, but their lack of vision to see the better option may be why they aren’t in a top league.  

I may be stretching on that one, but they seem to have a serious deficiency when it comes to seeing the effective pass.  

I believe this is his first 90 minute performance for Lille. That may help to explain why Galtier was so painfully slow to sub on David last Sunday to the point that even the TV5 commentators were complaining that he wasn't on earlier.

It probably also means that he won't enter until the 88th minute for the upcoming match on the weekend, but at least we can watch the replay of this assist 4500 times in the interim.