Jonathan David

Vince193

23 minutes ago, spitfire said:

I don’t agree.I don’t think it’s Jonny fault he gets Zero service... 

It wasn’t the best penalty it he was the one that earned it and it takes I lot to step up and take the pen when you confidence is low.
 I’m shocked at how poor Lille’s defence is and ffs why won’t the mids play the ball info Jonny feet or in behind. They look right at him and lose the ball. The m shocked at how bad they are playing Celtic haven’t won in 3 games. Lille overplay the ball... and teams will figure them out soon.. 

Literarily saw a Lille player pass the ball to a team mate who had 3 defenders around him, when he had 2 other options... then said teammate lost the ball before he had a chance to touch it... 

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

They lost their 3rd round qualifier, so they too are in Europa league.

my bad, thanks for correcting me.

I still maintain that I don't like the way Lille plays and they are being exposed big time by Celtic. Nice exposed them as well and the better Ligue 1 clubs will too. David lacks finish but he's not the only problem.

Just looking at the sequence before the throw, always someone giving away the ball with blind passes hoping for the best or selfishly shooting way wide. I just dislike that type of system. David isn't the "super dribbler" who once he has the ball can dance his way to goal. That's not how he was at Gent

They have to adjust their system

@spitfire is also spot on on his analysis.

Edited by Ansem

There’s no question that Jonathan is snake-bitten and he has to score that PK, but it’s hard to make a case for yourself when you get no service. I counted 3-4 balls it total in the whole first half that were intended for him. It seems like Lille players only pass the ball as a last resort a lot of the time. No cohesion.  

1 minute ago, shorty said:

There’s no question that Jonathan is snake-bitten and he has to score that PK, but it’s hard to make a case for yourself when you get no service. I counted 3-4 balls it total in the whole first half that were intended for him. It seems like Lille players only pass the ball as a last resort a lot of the time. No cohesion.  

And when your confidence is low it doesn't help that your teammates do not pass you the ball.

The irony is what Lille is lacking the most in their squad  is a playmaker....David didn't just score at Gent..he racked up a ton of assists. If his confidence is low why not play him behind Yilmaz? Get him involved in the build up where he can deploy his other skills and get his confidence up. We know he has a great engine.

50 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

The flip side to all of this is that he may become a better player after this struggle.  Things have been coming easy to him for a while, so a bit of adversity (at this young stage of his career) may make him stronger.  And learning how to adapt to a system that doesn't essentially for around you is probably something he will have to master anyway.  As he develops he will inevitably be tasked with playing other systems.  Developing that adaptability now may not be a bad thing - despite the run of form that everyone is sympathetic about.

I think this is the silver lining at least for CMNT.  Not all our games will be against teams like Cuba, and if he can figure out how to make things happen out of nothing, it will only help him score the winning goal against the run of play against Mexico whenever we do WCQ again.  I'm reaching here for something positive...

1 hour ago, Lansdude said:

Hype and move and getting a little older made him self-conscious and melted the iceman's veins.

Yes, now that he's 20.75 years old instead of 20.5 he's really gotta watch out for Father Time.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Well, he's done at Lille. Wouldn't mind him getting flipped back to Gent in January.

Jesus Christ.