Jonathan David

Vince193

Just now, Colliedor said:

The second I saw him taking that PK I just knew this would happen..

Letting a low confidence player take it was poor enough, now he just added even more pressure on himself with that miss.

I suspect that is why he grabbed the ball.  Counted on getting one to start things off.  Unfortunately it just didn't work out - and you can be sure that the critics will be screaming.

I don’t agree.I don’t think it’s Jonny fault he gets Zero service... 

It wasn’t the best penalty it he was the one that earned it and it takes I lot to step up and take the pen when you confidence is low.
 I’m shocked at how poor Lille’s defence is and ffs why won’t the mids play the ball info Jonny feet or in behind. They look right at him and lose the ball. The m shocked at how bad they are playing Celtic haven’t won in 3 games. Lille overplay the ball... and teams will figure them out soon..

jonny is a great player and an even better kid. Liam calls him the ice man he will work through it. And come out a better player 

1 minute ago, spitfire said:

I don’t agree.I don’t think it’s Jonny fault he gets Zero service... 

It wasn’t the best penalty it he was the one that earned it and it takes I lot to step up and take the pen when you confidence is low.
 I’m shocked at how poor Lille’s defence is and ffs why won’t the mids play the ball info Jonny feet or in behind. They look right at him and lose the ball. The m shocked at how bad they are playing Celtic haven’t won in 3 games. Lille overplay the ball... and teams will figure them out soon..

jonny is a great player and an even better kid. Liam calls him the ice man he will work through it. And come out a better player 

Yeah, the defence and mid play is a whole other issue.  Most just feel bad for JD.

I'm starting to agree that Lille was never the best fit for him. I'm not gonna pretend they're a bad team, or that they owe him service, because they don't, but it doesn't seem like his style fits well into their system. They don't like through balls because it risks possession, and David just isn't strong enough to make his own space. He has speed, and he (used to) have finish, but Lille seems to thrive off set pieces, and patient play. That's just not his style.

He's been pressing today, which is new, but he hardly touched the ball until the penalty. 

Starting to think that another year at Gent wouldn't have been bad...They are in Champions League after all

Don't get me wrong, I know he can play in France but in the final third, Lille plays a very different style than Gent. David is getting mediocre service, really the opposite of Gent where they didn't shy to switch him back and forth between 2nd striker and Attacking midfielder.

At this point, I'm hoping that Lille tries him as AM where they could take full advantage of his play-making skills and rake up assists at least.

Edited by Ansem

The flip side to all of this is that he may become a better player after this struggle.  Things have been coming easy to him for a while, so a bit of adversity (at this young stage of his career) may make him stronger.  And learning how to adapt to a system that doesn't essentially for around you is probably something he will have to master anyway.  As he develops he will inevitably be tasked with playing other systems.  Developing that adaptability now may not be a bad thing - despite the run of form that everyone is sympathetic about.

Edited by dyslexic nam

8 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Starting to think that another year at Gent wouldn't have been bad...They are in Champions League after all

Don't get me wrong, I know he can play in France but in the final third, Lille plays a very different style than Gent. David is getting mediocre service, really the opposite of Gent where they didn't shy to switch him back and forth between 2nd striker and Attacking midfielder.

At this point, I'm hoping that Lille tries him as AM where they could take full advantage of his play-making skills and rake up assists at least.

They lost their 3rd round qualifier, so they too are in Europa league.