Jonathan David

Vince193

Three pass attempts were made to him I believe - he was fouled on two of them. Stole the ball late in the game for the only chance of anything happening while he was on the field but his teammates did nothing with it. His replacement in the starting line-up today did Sweet F.A. and given that the guy who got a hat-trick on Thursday didn't start today either, it may have just been squad rotation.

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Three pass attempts were made to him I believe - he was fouled on two of them. Stole the ball late in the game for the only chance of anything happening while he was on the field but his teammates did nothing with it. His replacement in the starting line-up today did Sweet F.A. and given that the guy who got a hat-trick on Thursday didn't start today either, it may have just been squad rotation.

Good point about the squad rotation.

They face Celtic on Thursday in Europe League 

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Agreed, but odd, Nice is upper table. At least David came out intensely and the team played well with him on.

Just now, gator said:

How things change, we were counting on having 2 of the brightest stars in CONCACAF playing for us, now Davies is injured and out long term and David has completely lost his goal scoring form, on top of that we have no idea when we will actually play a match again!

Let's not get too pessimistic here. The third point you mention is actually a benefit since we aren't being harmed by the Davies injury or David currently in a goalless drought.

"Celtic sent Jonathan David warning as misfiring Lille striker tipped to become one of world's best"

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/celtic-sent-jonathan-david-warning-22918246

Appreciate the sentiment but also wish the agent would be quiet.  (Or had been quiet a few months ago)

32 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

David is paired with Yazici on top.  Not sure how it'll work because Yazici is more skill than brawn.  David has worked well with larger, stronger forwards like Yilmaz, Yaremchuk, Depoitre, etc. 

Yeah it will be interesting to see. Might just work though. The key will be how those two combine with Ikone and Bamba, who will be out on the flanks. They are all skillful players, so if they play to feet early and often and create space for each other, could be successful. However, if Lille go long into David as a target, which I almost expect, I can't see things working out.