Jonathan David

Vince193

Same problem as last game. His teammates cannot find him the ball. David cannot find the ball. He is doing the work, making the runs. On one occasion he gave the ball away cheaply. My first thought was that he doesn't give it away if he is in a rhythm. Hard to get in a rhythm without touches on the ball. 

Edited by Obinna

Still out. 

Don't know what the issues are but I'd have thought they could just by-pass the login and open up the site to everyone.  A band aide solution but it would spare everyone having to endure my flightyness.  

Like the mental image I have right now of Larrson yelling "More to the left!" as he looks at the static on his mobile whilst Wheeler hangs off of one of the gigantic rabbit ear antenas atop the OneSoccer building. 

I need more coffee.

4 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Still out. 

Don't know what the issues are but I'd have thought they could just by-pass the login and open up the site to everyone.  A band aide solution but it would spare everyone having to endure my flightyness.  

Like the mental image I have right now of Larrson yelling "More to the left!" as he looks at the static on his mobile whilst Wheeler hangs off of one of the gigantic rabbit ear antenas atop the OneSoccer building. 

I need more coffee.

Should have just put it on YouTube or Twitter for free.

I finally got in at 42 minutes and didn’t want to leave the app in case I couldn’t get back in.  

Lots of issues trying to get players connecting offensively.  The commentators were not overly complimentary about David but I agree with Obinna - he made some off-the-ball runs but never got fed the ball.  

Getting used to a new team will take a bit of time but I am sure he will show his value over the course of this season.  

Side note - interesting to see all the masked fans in the stands.  Glimmer of hope? 

Commentator says David's impact at Lille so far leaves a lot to be desired. He is not wrong. David has had zero impact. It is not for a lack of trying. I really think this group and the way they play are not ideal for David. I know it is still early, but I see nothing to be hopeful about so far. 

Maybe playing David in a deeper role will yield better results. Him and Yilmaz have zero service to work with, but at least the Turkish Striker is big and physical (and experienced), so he makes things more uncomfortable for the opposing backline. 

Just now, Obinna said:

Commentator says David's impact at Lille so far leaves a lot to be desired. He is not wrong. David has had zero impact. It is not for a lack of trying. I really think this group and the way they play are not ideal for David. I know it is still early, but I see nothing to be hopeful about so far. 

Maybe playing David in a deeper role will yield better results. Him and Yilmaz have zero service to work with, but at least the Turkish Striker is big and physical (and experienced), so he makes things more uncomfortable for the opposing backline. 

FotMob has him rated 5.9

Timothy Weah on now. This should be interesting. 

Edit: He (Weah) was gifted a break away and he missed the net.

Game over. Lille win 1-0. This team is frankly not very good in my opinion. They have no attacking thrust up the middle, so they require Bamba and Ikone to create from the outside. Ikone was invisible today, he did nothing. Bamba has his chance and he score, but outside of that he was not dangerous. Nobody on Lille was. Not too happy with how things are going so far. This was the 6th placed team from last year, and their opener was against the 3rd place team. Let's see how they look against a weaker side.

Edited by Obinna

Remember all this happened very quickly. He hasn’t had much of a preseason and it’s only 2 games into the season...

But I do agree that LOSC are not clicking and have been frustrating to watch. It may take him a while to find his footing. 

But we know David has a strong head on his shoulders and a killer instinct mentality so I am sure he will find a way to succeed. He doesn’t seem like the type to lose confidence quickly.

As per my goal app, David was the 3rd lowest ranked Lille player today at 4.4

Only Weah (4.3) and Ikone (3.3) were lower.

Someone more familiar with Lille than I last week said the manager is a good coach. Again, I know it is early, but I am starting to doubt that claim. If David continues to struggle at Lille,  I think it reflects poorly on this guy, whatever his name is. Even though David hasn't made an impact, he still shows he is a good player in his limited touches. The problem is that he is not getting enough touches, even though he is working hard. An adjustment needs to be made, but as long as Lille keep picking up points, I expect no change and I expect David will keep trying to feast on scraps game in and game out, which is such a waste of his talent in my opinion.

Edited by Obinna