Jonathan David

Vince193

Just now, SthMelbRed said:

My feed has just shown JD on crutches, with a big ice pack on his right ankle, in the tunnel. 😞

Yeah onesoccer’s feed showed that as well. I hope that they are just being ultra cautious so that he puts no weight on it whatsoever since he did walk off the field with hardly a limp. Suggests he might miss a couple of weeks though 

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

This ref is really letting PSG get away with some bullshit.  

LOL.  Just thinking the same thing and suffered a flashback and a private laugh.  Cast yourself back to the days of rotary dial.

Coach "Tacklin' Joe" Piechko.

"OK, those guys win Provinicials every year and they play like they're enjoying the confidence of the ref, so don't be a prick and make sure you keep a leash on that temper of yours."

Cheeta;

"My Mum says you can't call me names."

Coach "Tacklin' Joe" Piechko.

"I didn't call you a prick.  I said don't act like one."

Cheeta;

"Whadyahmean "they play like they're enjoying the confidense of the ref?"

Coach. "Tacklin' Joe" Piechko.

"They're going to kick you and your teamates.  Repeatedly.  All match long.  And you'll hear narry a whistle after they do.  But you so much brush as your arm on a bit of loose fabric hanging from one of their shirts you're going to get booked.  And since there is nothing we can do about it you're going to grin and bear it and play through.  No pulling shirts up over players heads today, Cheeta.  Zrozumity?   Did I dumb that down enough for you?"

Cheeta;

"So I'm not dumb.  Just dont' act dumb?"

Coach. "Tacklin' Joe" Piechko.

"Bingo."

1 minute ago, One American said:

I would say that 10-ish goals and tied for 10th in the league is a little disappointing, for a guy who Lille broke their bank for and who is supposed to be making a pit stop in France before moving on to better things.  Obviously he's played a lot better lately. 

Haven't you fucked off, yet, knobhead? 🙄

1 minute ago, One American said:

I would say that 10-ish goals and tied for 10th in the league is a little disappointing, for a guy who Lille broke their bank for and who is supposed to be making a pit stop in France before moving on to better things.  Obviously he's played a lot better lately. 

And then you realize that if this result holds, his goals are worth around 10 points in a title chase. Plus he went from playing behind 2 strikers in a weaker league to leading the line for the first time, at 20 years old. But you already knew all that.

8 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

And then you realize that if this result holds, his goals are worth around 10 points in a title chase. Plus he went from playing behind 2 strikers in a weaker league to leading the line for the first time, at 20 years old. But you already knew all that.

If I had said in September that David would end the year with 9 or 10 goals, everyone here would have accused me of trolling. So I would say, yeah, 10 goals, especially after Lille paid 30 million for him, would be a little disappointing, for the entire season, on the whole. 

Edited by One American