2012 Centenary Canada National jersey to buy? (hell most pre 00 kits are of interest)

ThatOlCeePee

8 hours ago, ThatOlCeePee said:

Any one have one about they'd like to sell, ideally in a Large or XL? I'd even go as small as a medium. Hell I'd like to have anything pre 2000 (already have 96-98, 98-00) if anyone is selling, pls hollar! 

Contact RMP Athletic or Umbro Canada directly, they may be able to help you out. They've always been good to me with special requests. 

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, hodgkiss said:

Looks like Mark Watson's jersey - he was number 16 in a Canada vs Australia  '94 WC qualification match. They wore some pretty loose kits then - not like the form fitting stuff today.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 3.11.25 PM.png

I made it to that match flying out from Toronto for the week. Terrific support from the Edmonton fans.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:50 PM, ThatOlCeePee said:

Any one have one about they'd like to sell, ideally in a Large or XL? I'd even go as small as a medium. Hell I'd like to have anything pre 2000 (already have 96-98, 98-00) if anyone is selling, pls hollar! 

I don't know who would want to sell as they were a limited edition. I wore mine to the WWC final five years ago as subtle support for Japan. I do love that shirt. I just wish it wasn't so flimsy!

11750634_10152962046272694_7894726367302507357_n.jpg

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm only just coming around on forgiving Nick Dasovic. I'm not quite there, yet, but I'm softening. 🙁

That was some pretty bad luck for Daso. In the end, it did cost us the tie but we could still have won it on PK's in Australia. We were certainly even with them and for them to go on to lose to Argentina by one fluke goal over two legs .... well, we'd have been in with a shout too.

It was a damned shame but Daso put in a good shift for Canada through the years and I like the guy. I'm sure he thinks about it often though.

1 minute ago, Blizzard said:

That was some pretty bad luck for Daso. In the end, it did cost us the tie but we could still have won it on PK's in Australia. We were certainly even with them and for them to go on to lose to Argentina by one fluke goal over two legs .... well, we'd have been in with a shout too.

It was a damned shame but Daso put in a good shift for Canada through the years and I like the guy. I'm sure he thinks about it often though.

I was almost entirely joking. I met and interviewed* him last year after the Whitecaps' Development Squad played a friendly against a local semi-pro side in South London last year. He's a lovely fella and very open and honest in discussing football. I didn't mention his OG in Edmonton, though. 😄 

*not sure if Soccer Talk (Vancouver-based football podcast) ran the interview. I did it mostly for a laugh and to watch some of the 'Caps' top kids and because I'm mates with the hosts.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 8:16 PM, Blizzard said:

I don't know who would want to sell as they were a limited edition. I wore mine to the WWC final five years ago as subtle support for Japan. I do love that shirt. I just wish it wasn't so flimsy!

11750634_10152962046272694_7894726367302507357_n.jpg

Ended up getting one, as well as a jacket, now trying to get the hat.