David Edgar

Complete Homer

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

The club has not said but I have to imagine it’s a combination of salary and DE wanting to play at a higher level. Rumour was some of these Canadian guys were getting paid a ton.

From first hand knowledge, they weren’t. I’ve seeing this posted a few times but not sure where this idea is coming from. All very reasonable, USL, salaries. 

FC Cincinnati on the other hand...

Edited by hamiltonfan

3 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

From first hand knowledge, they weren’t. I’ve seeing this posted a few times but not sure where this idea is coming from. All very reasonable, USL salaries. 

FC Cincinnati on the other hand...

Thanks for the clarification. I can’t remember where I heard it, perhaps the Duane Rollins pod a few days after the Fury announcement.

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

The club has not said but I have to imagine it’s a combination of salary and DE wanting to play at a higher level. Rumour was some of these Canadian guys were getting paid a ton.

I think the clock may be winding down on higher level opportunities and the pay that goes with them.

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Should he make the team, Sunderland is on course for automatic promotion to Championship

I read this article earlier and was confused how Edgar was linked to a premier league team. I am now learning that Sunderland has been on a huge downfall jeez. Jozy left for Canada at the right time I guess.

4 hours ago, Vince193 said:

So the USL can afford his salary but the CPL can't? ?

Neither league can afford to pay him what he will make at a promotion bound League 1 team. Not to mention that if he can play a few more years at a decent level for a reasonable big team in Europe that has to be better for both his professional and national team career than playing at a 2nd division North American semi-pro level.

Edited by Grizzly

4 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Neither league can afford to pay him what he will make at a promotion bound League 1 team. Not to mention that if he can play a few more years at a decent level for a reasonable big team in Europe that has to be better for both his professional and national team career than playing at a 2nd division North American semi-pro level.

You forgot to mention that it's the best 3rd division in the world. (Unless you think that the 3. Liga is better than League One.)

• 1 month later...

Would love to see him in CPL but if KW in 2020 is really a thing it would be better to see him be their first signing or at least with them year 1. In fact, now I am fantasizing about going to a game in KW sometime when visiting family and seeing my U19 coach in the stands that coached Edgar at the U10 level or so that same year (now I’m dated).

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Would love to see him in CPL but if KW in 2020 is really a thing it would be better to see him be their first signing or at least with them year 1. In fact, now I am fantasizing about going to a game in KW sometime when visiting family and seeing my U19 coach in the stands that coached Edgar at the U10 level or so that same year (now I’m dated).

Pretty sure he has always just been waiting for a chance to move to Saskatoon. ;) 

On 11/28/2018 at 5:23 PM, Pottsy3 said:

I read this article earlier and was confused how Edgar was linked to a premier league team. I am now learning that Sunderland has been on a huge downfall jeez. Jozy left for Canada at the right time I guess.

Check out "Sunderland Till I Die" on Netflix for an entertaining documentary on that downfall.