David Edgar

Complete Homer

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

Hopefully Edgar doesn't continue to be a Wanderer

It seems like this career is at a stage where there's a York in the road and he will have to choose with valour, but hopefully he will  Forge ahead to somewhere either side of the Pacific and if not, perhaps we can call in the Cavalry to help.

Hopefully these puns are not so bad that one responds to them with Fury.

25 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

It seems like this career is at a stage where there's a York in the road and he will have to choose with valour, but hopefully he will  Forge ahead to somewhere either side of the Pacific and if not, perhaps we can call in the Cavalry to help.

Hopefully these puns are not so bad that one responds to them with Fury.

Just to put a cap on things, you've made quite an impact for a TFC fan.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, BearcatSA said:

Not sure how long his contract was for there, but his signing had much higher publicity than his departure, if you look at the club's media reports.  He and his young family live in England, though, right?  So that's maybe where he wants to continue living and working.  At this stage of his career and coming off a very serious injury, you have to start looking at the other irons you have in the forge

Before submitting my original post I decided to replace the word "fire," and look what I started.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think for Edgar the circumstances are such that he should not be too pompous.

Any takers for that one?

That was savage. I think it's a problem with the machos here.

Also, if we had news on Edgar, wouldn't someone have posted something?

Edited by Blackdude

19 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

That was savage. I think it's a problem with the machos here.

It's one of those unfortunate circumstances you need to B.ware. One day you could be walking down the street like him and a rock hits you in the head, leaving you stone cold six feet under. Then again, you could survive and sue and become a million dollar man, like a real american.

I would be interested to know how many of these players have signed with the Fury for only this season? 

My theory is that they are signing them so all these Canadians would be free agent at the end of this year so they could sign on a free transfer/allocation draft(?) with other teams in the CPL. In that way you ensure yourself that these players are available once the teams are ready to make roster decisions.

That would need to be on the basis that Ottawa Fury would play in the CPL of course and they would probably be able to keep those that they had signed to longer contracts.

Edited by HochelagaFC

23 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Cool that he got a gig, kind of too bad that if he wins a starting job he'll probably be taking the place of another Canadian.

The release states him being able to play right back and defensive midfield as well.

If so, there might be a chance that Portilla is the one who might lose minutes (him having taken minutes from Manella over the course of the season).

Fury also have a pretty jam packed August, so there is likely to be some roster rotation.

It’s a good move for both Ottawa and Edgar.  If is back to health and gets in form  that’s great news.  Edgar when healthy is the best Canadian CB in my opinion and I’m really happy to see him making a comeback.

Ottawa continues to build an impressive stable of Canadian players to their “project”.  De Guzman has really committed to Canadian content like no soccer executive before in Canada.

6 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

It’s a good move for both Ottawa and Edgar.  If is back to health and gets in form  that’s great news.  Edgar when healthy is the best Canadian CB in my opinion and I’m really happy to see him making a comeback.

Ottawa continues to build an impressive stable of Canadian players to their “project”.  De Guzman has really committed to Canadian content like no soccer executive before in Canada.

That is the best reason to make sure we have more CDN at the top of the CDN clubs.  I hope DeGuz and ottawa are rewarded in the USL this season,  make the playoffs and have a nice run to end the year.  

3 hours ago, jonovision said:

Cool that he got a gig, kind of too bad that if he wins a starting job he'll probably be taking the place of another Canadian.

For most of this season, the Fury have been using Attakora and Meilleur-Giguère as their 2 CBs. They've both been playing very well. But Meilleur-Giguère is on loan from the Impact and may not be available to Ottawa next year. It is expected that Ottawa will make the jump to the CanPL, and with Attakora and Edgar the Fury would have possibly the best pair of CBs in the new league.

1 hour ago, Grandbloke said:

For most of this season, the Fury have been using Attakora and Meilleur-Giguère as their 2 CBs. They've both been playing very well. But Meilleur-Giguère is on loan from the Impact and may not be available to Ottawa next year. It is expected that Ottawa will make the jump to the CanPL, and with Attakora and Edgar the Fury would have possibly the best pair of CBs in the new league.

Unlikely they would be able to keep both but I think another positive is we get to see Canadian center backs in direct competition for a few months.