David Edgar

Complete Homer

• 1 month later...

Had they brought in a really cheap young guy as a prospect they could develop either with the club or in Fresno stints, I'd feel more optimistic with his chances of sticking.  But with Aja now brought in, I think his chances of sticking seem slimmer, unless he's willing to agree to a really low wage compared to his previous deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I see he was called up for this NZ friendly but he's still not signed and there was no acknowledgement/recognition of his call up on the club's Twitter feed.  It's been 10 days since Martignago's "scoop" about the pending signing.  So, what's going to happen with him?

Just now, BearcatSA said:

I see he was called up for this NZ friendly but he's still not signed and there was no acknowledgement/recognition of his call up on the club's Twitter feed.  It's been 10 days since Martignago's "scoop" about the pending signing.  So, what's going to happen with him?

At this point, he would only be the club's 5th centre D after Waston, Maund, Jose Aja and Henry. Looks like they acquired Aja instead of signing Edgar. 

5 minutes ago, Northvansteve said:

At this point, he would only be the club's 5th centre D after Waston, Maund, Jose Aja and Henry. Looks like they acquired Aja instead of signing Edgar. 

They had Aja already acquired before the tweet of the pending signing. 

If you have a 5th CB on your MLS senior roster, more often than not that player is a younger (and, more significantly,  inexpensive) developmental project.  So I don't see it happening now.  Makes you wonder where he's going to land next.   

2 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Hopefully he starts or at least gets a lot of PT.  Would prefer him to Jakovic in a game that should feature a lot of battles in the air.  Very curious to see if he looks full recovered and back to his old self.

He will get 45 mins. Herdman knows he needs to look at all options for CB.

But for me, James and Jako are first choice right now. The problem is lack of depth.

Also, I would not be shocked to see Jako playing RB over Petrasso at some point, in whick case another CB would be needed. I'm not a fan of playing people out of position like that and we would certainly lose out offensively, but I'm finding Petrasso less convincing as a RB every time I see him play.

41 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

But for me, James and Jako are first choice right now. The problem is lack of depth.

Also, I would not be shocked to see Jako playing RB over Petrasso at some point, in whick case another CB would be needed. I'm not a fan of playing people out of position like that and we would certainly lose out offensively, but I'm finding Petrasso less convincing as a RB every time I see him play.

I’m sorry, but taking our slowest footed CB and making him play RB does not sounds like a good plan. Jako is decent in the middle, but when he is isolated he is terrible. 

16 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I’m sorry, but taking our slowest footed CB and making him play RB does not sounds like a good plan. Jako is decent in the middle, but when he is isolated he is terrible. 

Agreed that it would not be a long term solution but could be stronger defensively than with Petrasso at RB. Pace is indeed a concern but smart players can buy extra yards with good positioning.

3 hours ago, dsqpr said:

I hope Cornelius impresses in training and gets a good look for this game.