Kenneth Heiner-Møller

Jith12

He is our coach now so I figured that he deserves his own thread. He played pro from 1991-2001 in Denmark and Hungary. He started coaching in 2002 after a leg injury ended his playing career. He coached various Danish club teams and was the manager of the Danish women's team from 2006-2013. He has been with our program since. Let's hope that there is a smooth transition for CWNT.?

I wonder if Kenneth Heiner-Moller ( KHM )  is going to allocate Erin Mcleod ( who had a  decent season in Rosegard ) and Diana Matheson ( who was injured  for all of 2017 )   to the NWSL in 2018.?  Because he moved to the Men's program, John Herdman gets to avoid making tough decision about  CANWNT veterans ( whom he has a long history with ) as they age  over the next cycle and beyond. Perhaps   making tough decisions about CANWNT veterans  will  be easier for KHM because he has a shorter history with the veterans.

32 minutes ago, tc-in-bc said:

I wonder if Kenneth Heiner-Moller ( KHM )  is going to allocate Erin Mcleod ( who had a  decent season in Rosegard ) and Diana Matheson ( who was injured  for all of 2017 )   to the NWSL in 2018.?  Because he moved to the Men's program, John Herdman gets to avoid making tough decision about  CANWNT veterans ( whom he has a long history with ) as they age  over the next cycle and beyond. Perhaps   making tough decisions about CANWNT veterans  will  be easier for KHM because he has a shorter history with the veterans.

I guess it's tough in terms of whether the CSA wants to commit to paying for them, but they're allowed to allocate 16 people and last year it was only 10, Matheson being one of them. Even assuming Adriana Leon gets allocated this year (which would definitely be deserved), along with Rebecca Quinn (who has now declared for the NWSL draft), there's plenty of spots to also have Matheson and McLeod allocated. 

I think you would have to ask McLeod if she wanted to return to NWSL before giving her a slot.  This is just a guess, but I suspect that a team would need to take both McLeod and Masar together.  Perhaps it's a good fit right where they are right now.

47 minutes ago, rkomar said:

I think you would have to ask McLeod if she wanted to return to NWSL before giving her a slot.  This is just a guess, but I suspect that a team would need to take both McLeod and Masar together.  Perhaps it's a good fit right where they are right now.

Masar just signed at Wolfsburg. As of now, McLeod is unattached. So, she might be more inclined if she doesn't find a club in Europe. 

On 1/13/2018 at 2:38 PM, Blackdude said:

Masar just signed at Wolfsburg. As of now, McLeod is unattached. So, she might be more inclined if she doesn't find a club in Europe. 

Yeah.  Masar's career has reignited in Europe, and Wolfsburg is a top club.  Having been very vocal about the lack of money in the NWSL, I couldn't see her wanting to come back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived