Zambrano out!

gator

11 hours ago, The Beaver said:

If the CSA is smart, they'll set up a Herdman press conference very soon so he can start talking about his vision, his plan, not just for development but also for on-field strategy. 

I don’t remember where I heard this (Sportsnet I think) but isn’t there going to be a press conference on Saturday?

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, CamisaDoce said:

Y'all just going to ignore what exactly is accurate about these statements:

Zambrano didn't look at things from a monoculture, he didn't tow the line, he had the audacity to ruffle our illustrious & accomplished TD's ?, he played attractive Fútbol, he wanted change, he had ambition, so they did what they have been doing to us Fútbol First, blacklisted

Kicked to the curb, and accused of being disruptive and detrimental. I've heard it before seen it a million times over in club board rooms. It's sickening, but it's why new pathways keep growing, unsanctioned options keep flourishing #CANMNT #CANWNT #Zambrano #HerdmanIn ??

Only in @CanadaSoccerEN can such a disruptive move be made with no explanation to us. You know why? Arrogance, they have the power, and are accountable to no-one. Shame on the media who knew and said nothing. Now watch them vilify those that protest.

Well said brother! I've lost all respect for a lot of the people who cover soccer in this country with the way they covered this story this week, and you know  who you are because I know a lot of you come on these boards, shame on you! However, I've gained much more respect for the Sid Sexeiro's and the Totera's of the world who said it like it is, the rest of you sorry but I'll have less time for you from now on.

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Was Herdman ever first choice for the England WNT job?

Exclusive: Phil Neville emerges as leading candidate to be next England Women manager
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/12/phil-neville-emerges-leading-candidate-next-england-women-manager/

http://www.womenssoccerzone.com/former-manchester-united-defender-phil-neville-emerges-candidate-lionesses-head-coach-role/

"Utah Royals Coach Laura Harvey, Manchester City’s Nick Cushing, and new Canada MNT Head Coach John Herdman were all understood to be on a shortlist of three drawn up by the FA at the end of November. It is believed all three conducted phone interviews, but with a two-week gap between those calls and face-to-face interviews, Harvey was offered the role in Utah, while Cushing signed a new contract with City.

That left Herdman, who has gone on record in Canadian media stating he was offered a role at a prominent national team but has appeared to have used that offer as leverage to take charge of Canada, ranked 94th in the world in the men’s game."

So technically yes, at one time he was the top person in consideration for the job. 

5 minutes ago, carolynduthie said:

http://www.womenssoccerzone.com/former-manchester-united-defender-phil-neville-emerges-candidate-lionesses-head-coach-role/

"Utah Royals Coach Laura Harvey, Manchester City’s Nick Cushing, and new Canada MNT Head Coach John Herdman were all understood to be on a shortlist of three drawn up by the FA at the end of November. It is believed all three conducted phone interviews, but with a two-week gap between those calls and face-to-face interviews, Harvey was offered the role in Utah, while Cushing signed a new contract with City.

That left Herdman, who has gone on record in Canadian media stating he was offered a role at a prominent national team but has appeared to have used that offer as leverage to take charge of Canada, ranked 94th in the world in the men’s game."

So technically yes, at one time he was the top person in consideration for the job. 

Then did Phil come into the picture after, I wonder?

That was the best gold cup I ever seen Canada play ... 

Now hes's out  .... 

Where's Jason Devos? he needs to speak up. Quiet on twitter. CSA should be all fired for this travesty. Hiring Herdman w/o doing interviewing any other candidates. Giant circle jerk

21 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

Wrong!  The top Canadian basketball players are becoming great players before they even get to the NCAA!   The grassroots development that is taking place in the GTA is on par with the very best in the US or the world.  Obviously, the NCAA helps, but the best players only spend one season there anyways.

Just over the past few seasons there's been 2 kids who were considered the very best players in their incoming NCAA class, Andrew Wiggins and RJ Barrett.  Though they finished their high school careers at american prep schools, they were definitely developed in Canada.

Grassroots may be planting the seeds and making them good players but they are completely dependent on the US system to become great. Of all the Canadians in the NBA only two finished high school in Canada, Olynyk in BC and Long in Ontario (after 3 years of high school in the states). The point is that prospects still heavily rely on the American basketball infrastructure to play at the next level as the vast majority are heading south when they are 15. 

Filling a complain against the CSA to Better Business Bureau. WTF are they doing!!! That was our best goal cup showing..Took the principles of Floro(defensively) and actually played attacing futbol. The fact that media is believing all this horse shit about a soccer guy Zambrano being rogue is non-sense. Herdman hasnt been in the mens game for so long. Shit show contineus. All of this reminds me of Honduras again 8 - 1 !   

Can't compare Basketball to Soccer youth infrastructure .. Hardly apples to apples 

11 minutes ago, yothat said:

Filling a complain against the CSA to Better Business Bureau. WTF are they doing!!! That was our best goal cup showing..Took the principles of Floro(defensively) and actually played attacing futbol. The fact that media is believing all this horse shit about a soccer guy Zambrano being rogue is non-sense. Herdman hasnt been in the mens game for so long. Shit show contineus. All of this reminds me of Honduras again 8 - 1 !   

Can't compare Basketball to Soccer youth infrastructure .. Hardly apples to apples 

While agree the CSA gone and fucked shit up (with the hire), how do you know/believe Zambrano didn't go rogue and kind of fucked himself out of the job?

This was more than just a coaching job. How was OZ as an administrator? How well did he work with others? Was there any toxicity to the relationships?

There are all sorts of questions we have no answers to at this time. It's not even necessarily a matter of going rogue!

30 minutes ago, dbailey62 said:

This was more than just a coaching job. How was OZ as an administrator?

Thats the problem...they are trying to have the coach as a jack-of-all trades position....when the jobs should be separate. Why is the coach running the entire mens program?

58 minutes ago, yothat said:

FYI the BBB is a complete scam. Way to show your displeasure of the CSA by supporting a company that extorts money from independent businesses.

15 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Thats the problem...they are trying to have the coach as a jack-of-all trades position....when the jobs should be separate. Why is the coach running the entire mens program?

To be fair it's worked out brilliantly for the US with Klinsmann. It's not like he had to juggle way to many balls at once, didn't have the time to commit to any role 100%, and created a power vacuum in US Soccer that they may not recover from for years.

This is fine. 

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

FYI the BBB is a complete scam. Way to show your displeasure of the CSA by supporting a company that extorts money from independent businesses.

Technically shouldn't you file a complaint with the CSA's boss MP Kent Hehr? Someone in his riding should complain to him lol

V: Boooo you CSA

CSA: Oh fuck off and let me do my thing

V: I'm a voter in Calgary Centre. I'm your bosses boss.

CSA: Whatever

*phone rings*

CSA: Hello

Hehr (on the phone): Dude what did you do? My boss is pissed off at me

CSA: WTF?

V: Remember kids, voting works. You have the power! *does a thumbs up*

Archived