Herdman new head coach

matty

16 minutes ago, frmr said:

There is not a single member on this forum who has ever said that Herdman is above criticism, and I would bet my life that nobody thinks he is. The difference is the vampires on this forum who do not come within ten feet of this thread when we are performing well and refuse to give him a shred of credit for our success, but as soon as a result goes the other way, they flock in and spew their bile all over the place. I'm a supporter of Herdman and I criticized him after Honduras because I think he got it wrong. I know other Herdman supporters did the same, because that is the logical, reasonable approach to take. I respect every single reasonable approach on this forum. But if someone comes in and clearly takes pleasure in his shortcomings while ignoring his achievements, I have no respect for that and I have no respect for those posters because I think they're low IQ morons who get their rocks off on someone else's failures for their own personal reasons. If someone is incapable of forming a reasonable, logical opinion on ANY matter, then I consider them an idiot. On this forum and in real life. Does that make me an asshole? Possibly. I literally couldn't care less.

Amen, I'm sayin'

Managers of every club and every country get criticized no matter what, has anyone noticed how many different lineups get posted on here, it's part of the discussion and of course the volume goes up after a bad result, we all feel we knew better, that is part of soccer culture all over the world! My point yesterday was how silent the thread was after the US match, that is maybe a good thing it means most agreed with JH's management of that particular match and as I also said if we don't win tomorrow many, including myself will be expressing what he did wrong and what they would have done different, what is wrong with that?

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

That's basically how supporters act.

The insults just prove how arrogant and condescending you are.

Again if you really didn't care you wouldn't react. The fact you react they way you do shows poorly on you.

That's your opinion, that's fine.

I find that amusing though considering the absolute garbage that people hurl towards Herdman in this thread...

From my perspective, I see people who have personal vendettas against Herdman for one reason or another and because of that, come into this thread and take an unbalanced approach towards him and even go so far as to take pleasure in when he makes mistakes. That is not an objective view and it is not based on logic. When someone does not have the insight to be able to look beyond their own insignificant personal emotions on a matter then I think they're an idiot. That's just my personal opinion. If that hurts peoples' feelings, then they don't need to come in to this thread and spew negativity everywhere. I don't respond that way to criticism of Herdman, because criticism is justified. I only respond that way when people take out their garbage on the guy because *insert personal reason here*. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. If all of this makes me arrogant and condescending in your eyes then so be it, that's fine. I wouldn't say I'm half as condescending as a handful of people have been towards Herdman in this thread though.

2 minutes ago, gator said:

Managers of every club and every country get criticized no matter what, has anyone noticed how many different lineups get posted on here, it's part of the discussion and of course the volume goes up after a bad result, we all feel we knew better, that is part of soccer culture all over the world! My point yesterday was how silent the thread was after the US match, that is maybe a good thing it means most agreed with JH's management of that particular match and as I also said if we don't win tomorrow many, including myself will be expressing what he did wrong and what they would have done different, what is wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that, except there's more to it of which we are all aware.

5 minutes ago, frmr said:

I find that amusing though considering the absolute garbage that people hurl towards Herdman in this thread...

From my perspective, I see people who have personal vendettas against Herdman for one reason or another and because of that, come into this thread and take an unbalanced approach towards him and even go so far as to take pleasure in when he makes mistakes. That is not an objective view and it is not based on logic. When someone does not have the insight to be able to look beyond their own insignificant personal emotions on a matter then I think they're an idiot. That's just my personal opinion. If that hurts peoples' feelings, then they don't need to come in to this thread and spew negativity everywhere. I don't respond that way to criticism of Herdman, because criticism is justified. I only respond that way when people take out their garbage on the guy because *insert personal reason here*. If you can't take it, don't dish it out. If all of this makes me arrogant and condescending in your eyes then so be it, that's fine. I wouldn't say I'm half as condescending as a handful of people have been towards Herdman in this thread though.

Man, you are on fire! Praise Allah!

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

5 minutes ago, frmr said:

All these words could be used to describe your posts too. Just saying.

3 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Nothing wrong with that, except there's more to it of which we are all aware.

Earlier in the thread I agreed with @masster about not particularly liking how the whole hiring process went down and quite honestly that soured me, I have moved on from that, not everyone has and of course I want him to be successful which he has been! The point is if we qualify for the WC he will be considered our best manager ever, if we flame out with this talent serious questions need to be asked!

Just now, gator said:

Earlier in the thread I agreed with @masster about not particularly liking how the whole hiring process went down and quite honestly that soured me, I have moved on from that, not everyone has and of course I want him to be successful which he has been! The point is if we qualify for the WC he will be considered our best manager ever, if we flame out with this talent serious questions need to be asked!

Yes, but I think you have to give him some credit for assembling this talent.  I know they weren't trained under his watch but as I said before they have joined and shown loyalty to the program where in the past many with options didn't.  I think we have to give him some credit for changing the attitudes and atmosphere.

Just now, narduch said:

All these words could be used to describe your posts too. Just saying.

How so? I criticize Herdman when he makes mistakes. I don't give a fuck if he came from the women's game, or used to be a gym teacher, of if there was questions surrounding his hiring, or if he's been on Ted talks. None of that means a damn thing to me, the only thing I care about is that he has Canada performing well, and for the most part he has, so I give him credit for that. When he fucks up, I criticize him. I would assume that most people just want Canada to do well and don't let their insignificant little opinions on god knows what get in the way of that. But sadly, that's not the case, as we see in this thread. And when people very clearly have some other agenda when it comes to Herdman, I point it out and call them a moron. Yes, I may be an asshole sometimes and am probably arrogant and condescending, but you would be hard-pressed to find many posts of mine that aren't reasonable. And if I am being unreasonable then I'm open to being challenged on that and I'll happily argue my point.

I dislike Herdman, but he has done a good job lately. For me if we don’t qualify he should be fired simple as that. If we qualify he keeps his job until World Cup. After World Cup 2022. Right away him and the CSA has to build a true youth program and scout like crazy to retool the senior team. That 2026 team needs to be crazy good, even better then the team that we have now. If those youth teams don’t produce and senior team playing top teams are not winning or not being competitive from 2020 to 2024 he should be gone. Herdman has been given the keys to the castle so it all rests on his shoulders. 

Edited by SpecialK

9 minutes ago, frmr said:

Yes, I may be an asshole sometimes and am probably arrogant and condescending, but you would be hard-pressed to find many posts of mine that aren't reasonable. And if I am being unreasonable then I'm open to being challenged on that and I'll happily argue my point.

Wait a minute pally, I'm the asshole :)

The reason I didn't criticize Herdman after game one is because I thought he took a calculated risk.  Even though, I had posted about players like Buchanan coming in off the bunch to go after tired opposition legs, he took a chance on a new strategy.  IMO, I think he wanted to shock and awe Honduras, possibly a good strategy, except it didn't work. 

That's what he does, (takes calculated risks) when he said he was disappointed not getting three from the US he meant it.  If we thought he was secretly elated getting one and was just being down as part of a show, we have to realize he has to take these guys beyond where we've been before and that means instilling the attitude that we can go into Azteca and win.

I think if people want to jump on him, a good place to begin is not taking a risk, but making a mistake and not learning from it.  And in this case it appears he learned from it.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

5 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I dislike Herdman, but he has done a good job lately. For me if we don’t qualify he should be fired simple as that. If we qualify he keeps his job until World Cup. After World Cup 2022. Right away him and the CSA to have build a true youth program and scout like crazy. That 2026 team needs to be crazy good, even better then the team that we have now. If those youth teams don’t produce from 2020 to 2024 he should be gone. Herdman has been given the keys to the castle so it all rests on his shoulders. 

I guess you missed that part about the 3500 players