Herdman new head coach

matty

5 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I may be missing something here, but what clubs played Dominica? I don't think TFC or TFC II played them or the Fury either. We talking about a PDL or L1O side?

If i were Herdman i'd be more worried about the attitude towards the NT's of some of the Provincial staff coaches. ie. touting the benefits of other "better" nations over our own. Same goes for the MLS clubs advising kids to pursue other avenues (Caps-Bustos/Verhoeven, TFC-Akinola).

The local club doesn't particularly matter but I know it did happen and I can tell you that it wasn't the club that initiated the friendlies but rather they were asked and not by the Dominica Program.  The statement made by Herdman was inaccurate and many were taken back and offended.

5 hours ago, Keegan said:

I'm supporting Herdman but it's bizarre that he's talking about club teams playing friendlies against Dominica.  Who cares?  What are they possibly going to offer Dominica or any other nation about our national team?  Let's worry more about our lack of friendlies.

His statement on the club teams playing Dominica was very contradicting to how those friendlies were initiated.  Its actually embarassing reading that quote when you know the full story.

Also just an FYI - The club team/youth team got a result vs the Dominica team in that friendly.

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

His statement on the club teams playing Dominica was very contradicting to how those friendlies were initiated.  Its actually embarassing reading that quote when you know the full story.

Also just an FYI - The club team/youth team got a result vs the Dominica team in that friendly.

They could have easily said no.

I'm more concerned that this is another example of the lack of respect/cooperation that haven't fully existed between the NT and the clubs from youth to MLS. A chunk of it is the lack of professionalism and sheer incompetence from the CSA. But the club people also don't have full respect for the Cdn national teams which they imbed in their youth players.

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

Wow that was very poor from Molinaro.  Basically no information whatsoever from Herdman there.  Same old kinda stuff from Herdman. 

???

What were you expecting?

The local club doesn't particularly matter but I know it did happen and I can tell you that it wasn't the club that initiated the friendlies but rather they were asked and not by the Dominica Program.  The statement made by Herdman was inaccurate and many were taken back and offended.

So are you going to tell us, or...?

30 minutes ago, RS said:

So are you going to tell us, or...?

You actually want the whole story about the club team and Dominica?

Herdman actually does not understand that a club has no obligation to the national team, and even less so a club at a level so low you would never call anyone up from it. 

Imagine, we were going to play an official match vs. the US in Arizona, and training down there the week before, we played a game against the Grand Canyon Antelopes. They gave us a good run for our money. We went in a lost a close one to the US a few days later. 

A few years later, the USSF publicly calls out that Div 1 NCAA team in Arizona for violating the Patriots Act. 

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Well to me it does matter. If it's a pro club then maybe they're providing adequate prep. for them, but if it's a PDL/L1O club or lower then it's too low of a level to matter.

I love how no one will ask herdman about the epic failure at the U20s and why no one was fired over it. The media just loves to kiss this man ass! They don’t even test him.

No questions : about lack of friendlies - yet every major CONCACF team is booking them- no question  about the u20s failure and how that fat dumbass is still around and now going to lead the U17s- no updates on Trying to bring in Ferreira and Tomori - no updates on U23s ??? When the USA is already playing games. No questions about other players like Cavallini who has 10 goals in 31 games ( all games in Total) in Mexico this year. 

I love Davies and he’s amazing!!! But herdman and media are just focusing on him and it’s sad. David , Cavallini , Borjan and other’s are having an amazing year. Canada is much more than one young superstar who is a sub on Bayern Munich ( that’s not a shot just stating fact )

Perhaps I am missing something, but shouldn't he be celebrating the fact a local club team had the opportunity to scrimmage against a national team from concacaf?

That must of been a fantastic development opportunity for whatever local club was fortunate enough to participate!

Strange to see that spun as a negative.

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Perhaps I am missing something, but shouldn't he be celebrating the fact a local club team had the opportunity to scrimmage against a national team from concacaf?

That must of been a fantastic development opportunity for whatever local club was fortunate enough to participate!

Strange to see that spun as a negative.

As mentioned from some above, the high school coach really is apparent in some of the stuff Herdman is spouting out. 

I do believe in some of the angles he’s pulling when it comes to having a drastic change in mentality and having our players believing that they can achieve big results. With that said, I think he’d be better off saying less in a lot of scenarios.

14 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You actually want the whole story about the club team and Dominica?

Herdman actually does not understand that a club has no obligation to the national team, and even less so a club at a level so low you would never call anyone up from it. 

Imagine, we were going to play an official match vs. the US in Arizona, and training down there the week before, we played a game against the Grand Canyon Antelopes. They gave us a good run for our money. We went in a lost a close one to the US a few days later. 

A few years later, the USSF publicly calls out that Div 1 NCAA team in Arizona for violating the Patriots Act. 

It's a good analogy except for the fact that no one, except for @Corazon, knows which team it was.

So maybe Herdman's offside for calling them out, but he didn't name names so I find the hullabaloo a bit much.

1 hour ago, RS said:

It's a good analogy except for the fact that no one, except for @Corazon, knows which team it was.

So maybe Herdman's offside for calling them out, but he didn't name names so I find the hullabaloo a bit much.

Herdman and this CSA have yet to prove  anything, that is what is so worrisome.

They are hiding behind a big bluff so far, like politicians who don't move a finger in their first years of a legislature to not be called out. It is unprofessional, boring, disrespectful to fans, and directly opposed to what all serious teams in world soccer do, which is play games constantly.

Just look how the CSA set up the Voyageurs Cup, or the Concacaf qualifying, and you can see they are total amateurs, it is the scourge of our game staring us in the face once again.

15 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Well to me it does matter. If it's a pro club then maybe they're providing adequate prep. for them, but if it's a PDL/L1O club or lower then it's too low of a level to matter.

It was not a pro club at all.  It was a local club and to be honest I'm not even sure if it was a youth team at the club or their L1 team.

Edited by Corazon

17 hours ago, red card said:

They could have easily said no.

I'm more concerned that this is another example of the lack of respect/cooperation that haven't fully existed between the NT and the clubs from youth to MLS. A chunk of it is the lack of professionalism and sheer incompetence from the CSA. But the club people also don't have full respect for the Cdn national teams which they imbed in their youth players.

The club was asked by someone at CSA.  I'm not saying it was Herdman but someone from Canada went to the club and asked.  I know it was not initiated by the club by any means but you're right in stating they could have said no.

19 hours ago, Corazon said:

Could understand the angst if it was a vital hex game against Honduras or something, but all seems a bit over the top when it's Dominica that is involved with a population smaller than Sarnia.

5 hours ago, Corazon said:

The club was asked by someone at CSA.  I'm not saying it was Herdman but someone from Canada went to the club and asked.  I know it was not initiated by the club by any means but you're right in stating they could have said no.

OK, so with this information, and what Herdman said, maybe it makes more sense. He wasn't necessarily complaining about the club. It makes sense if someone from the CSA thought it was their duty to help Dominica get a friendly in. Based on your info it sounds like he was complaining about the CSA, not the club. If it was just from the club maybe he doesn't mention it, because if they think it's in their interests, whatever. But for the CSA to set up a practice game for the CSA's opponents, that's a bit ridiculous.

So let's walk through this. Floro was terrible. We all know that. In the 2015 Gold Cup his team...

Lost to Jamaica
Tied Costa Rica
Tied El Salvador

Then under Zambrano, who we all know was amazing, in the 2017 Gold Cup his team...

Lost to Jamaica
Tied Costa Rica
Tied Honduras
And beat French Guiana 4-2

So clearly the difference between Floro (who is terrible) and Zambrano (who is a godsend) is that tying Honduras is better than tying El Salvador, plus he had that awesome 4-2 win against French Guiana.

And of course, under John Herdman, who is the worst of all (because of emails that nobody has read and a slide from a presentation that nobody saw, and a prediction that we don't know if it's right or wrong yet, and don't even get me started on friendlies) Canada just beat French Guiana 4-1, so better than the Zambrano result. But he still doesn't have that Honduras tie yet. So he should probably be fired. Amirite?

11 minutes ago, Kent said:

So let's walk through this. Floro was terrible. We all know that. In the 2015 Gold Cup his team...

Lost to Jamaica
Tied Costa Rica
Tied El Salvador

Then under Zambrano, who we all know was amazing, in the 2017 Gold Cup his team...

Lost to Jamaica
Tied Costa Rica
Tied Honduras
And beat French Guiana 4-2

So clearly the difference between Floro (who is terrible) and Zambrano (who is a godsend) is that tying Honduras is better than tying El Salvador, plus he had that awesome 4-2 win against French Guiana.

And of course, under John Herdman, who is the worst of all (because of emails that nobody has read and a slide from a presentation that nobody saw, and a prediction that we don't know if it's right or wrong yet, and don't even get me started on friendlies) Canada just beat French Guiana 4-1, so better than the Zambrano result. But he still doesn't have that Honduras tie yet. So he should probably be fired. Amirite?

Herdman has proved nothing yet.  This Gold Cup qualification just means his job is safe until the next round.  We’ll wait and see how he does at the Gold Cup.  I’m praying Canada gets a Group of Death with Mejico, Honduras or USA, Jamaica or any other combination to test Canada against better opposition. If he crashes out in the 1st round, he deserves to get canned, but knowing thr CSA they’ll wait until WCQ is over. 

3 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

Herdman has proved nothing yet.  This Gold Cup qualification just means his job is safe until the next round.  We’ll wait and see how he does at the Gold Cup.  I’m praying Canada gets a Group of Death with Mejico, Honduras or USA, Jamaica or any other combination to test Canada against better opposition. If he crashes out in the 1st round, he deserves to get canned, but knowing thr CSA they’ll wait until WCQ is over. 

i think if he blows both the gold cup and nations league he'd get canned. hopeful he's able to navigate both