Canadians abroad: December 22-28, 2017

jordan

3 hours ago, WheatsheafSK said:

Worth nothing that Jackson got his first minutes since September: came onat 71 minutes against Rochdale on the 23rd, and in the 63rd against Bristol yesterday. He has yet to score this year, so hopefully with increased minutes he can start getting on the board again.  

His career is really fascinating in that he dominated every level but couldn't quite cut it at the top level then left England and his career went so downhill he can't even be consistent at lower levels where he once excelled.

Would love to see Jackson rediscover form. He's still only 30/31, and should have a couple more years to give the national team. He has a lot of experience and still had good pace, and can (probably) still put the ball in the net.

I think one downside to Jackson is his lack of flexibility. His game is most suited for a 2-man pairing, but the game has evolved away from that. He never ever looked comfortable out wide and as a centre forward, he is somewhat serviceable, but ultimately doesn't really cut it as starter.

I don't know what formation his club or clubs have played, but perhaps the shift away from 4-4-2 had has added to his woes?

On 2017-12-25 at 9:24 PM, canta15 said:

people just report the goals from stats. Don’t assume they have it. Just find it yourself

@canta15 Never hurts to ask... a lot of these people have much more inside access to these stats and highlights than regular Vs, plus sometimes it's hard to find highlights of these individual players as many are not quite pro yet.... If you know of any good sites where I can find these type of goals by this young players , I would appreciate.... And I don't mean your regular google or youtube sites btw

Archived