League1 Ontario 2018

Gopherbashi

12 hours ago, Blue and White Army said:

Any chance of a Toronto-based team in L1O that would play out of Lamport Stadium? If Varsity Stadium is problematic due to UofT's needs in the autumn, what are the downsides of Lamport? Or, what about having a central Toronto team play out of Varsity for most of the season, then shift to Lamport for the end?

P.S. I'll be at Sanjaxx Lions' home opener (vs. TFC III at Monarch Park Stadium on Sunday, May 6th, 2:00pm) if anyone else is up for it. Toronto FC's senior team plays on Friday night that weekend, so there's no conflict.

I'll probably try to visit some (or all?) of the L1O grounds in Toronto this season as well.

There was a team that played at Lamport in the first part of the first L1O season, but they got kicked out of the league for not meeting some sort of standards (no problem with the stadium though). I don’t think any team has played there since.

Personally I would love night games at Varsity. I live near there but North Toronto were always playing in the afternoon, which is hard for me to get to because I have young children. The older one might be getting to a point where I could try to take her to a game this summer.

15 hours ago, Kent said:

There was a team that played at Lamport in the first part of the first L1O season, but they got kicked out of the league for not meeting some sort of standards (no problem with the stadium though). I don’t think any team has played there since.

Oh right, the team managed by former Peru midfielder Nolberto Solano.

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎25 at 1:01 PM, Blue and White Army said:

Oh right, the team managed by former Peru midfielder Nolberto Solano.

The only team I never saw back in 2014.      

Internacional de Toronto 

Raheem Edwards played for them before landing at ANB Futbol the second half of the season.  

I can't see League 1 Ontario playing there.  I expect the rugby Wolfpack and Toronto FC II will take up the best dates next year.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Trouble with the date for attendance as Toronto FC's home game at BMO Field in the Voyageurs Cup is July 25th.....They play either USL Ottawa Fury, PLSQ AS Blainville, or L1O Oakville Blue Devils (who would otherwise place some players on the All-Star roster I'm sure).  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived