Toje

Alessandro Busti - 18 year old keeper with Juventus

Dump Kenofsky and Silva ASAP.  If TFC dropped down to USL-ONE to let younger kids develop, sign him up and get Busti in there NOW, and let him play the rest of the season.  Very excited if this is true and TFC has a good young CDN keeper at TFC2.  

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Dump Kenofsky and Silva ASAP.  If TFC dropped down to USL-ONE to let younger kids develop, sign him up and get Busti in there NOW, and let him play the rest of the season.  Very excited if this is true and TFC has a good young CDN keeper at TFC2.  

But TFC2, at any level, is worse for development than Juventus youth where Busti was.

I just assume he is doing this for now as he might be in a career hiatus, and is keeping options open.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

13 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I agree. Not just to make room but boy they've had some bad games (as did Fyllion TBH). There must be better talent out there (Busti cannot be worse than the two mentioned). 

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

But TFC2, at any level, is worse for development than Juventus youth where Busti was.

I just assume he is doing this for now as he might be in a career hiatus, and is keeping options open.

I agree.  But he is not there anymore.  When and how did he leave?  I doubt he would have come back home to canada if there was another chance in Italy.  If they can get him, then a plum has fallen into their laps eh?  They will find out pretty quickly if he is as good as we think he is.  And then work him into the senior team if he is ready.    

Part of me wants him to come to the MLS for playtime and language learning, but the other wants him to stay in Italy. The Italians are simply the best at developing good long lasting keepers. At his age, I would not want to come to North America in a hurry. He should try to find himself a Serie B/C team like our other guys, if he is good enough that is. And if nothings turns up, then he should come here, only if playtime is 100% guaranteed though. I understand he must be in a somewhat stressful situation, but it's important for him not to rush things too much or he'll suffer long term.

Halifax? That be crazy. Just wants playing time? Can't hate on a guy for wanting minutes.

Maybe finish of the season, learn the language and from there play the Olympic Qualifying?.... He then opens himself up for a January transfer? Or wherever for next spring? 

All the best to him, one pretty cool and interesting pro journey already.

1 minute ago, apbsmith said:

Halifax? That be crazy. Just wants playing time? Can't hate on a guy for wanting minutes.

Maybe finish of the season, learn the language and from there play the Olympic Qualifying?.... He then opens himself up for a January transfer? Or wherever for next spring? 

All the best to him, one pretty cool and interesting pro journey already.

Haligonian?

28 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Signing with HFX today? They have a player announcement at 2PM.

Would be a slap in the face to local lad Oxner, who in my mind has earned what’s left of their now meaningless season.

He would probably be more of a fit at Pacific or even Forge.  No keeper for either team has stood out.

re: that signing, I saw someone comment Stanese and it makes sense honestly with Schaale leaving and Stanese leaving Energie Cottbus right before the window shut. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

43 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Would be a slap in the face to local lad Oxner, who in my mind has earned what’s left of their now meaningless season.

He would probably be more of a fit at Pacific or even Forge.  No keeper for either team has stood out.

re: that signing, I saw someone comment Stanese and it makes sense honestly with Schaale leaving and Stanese leaving Energie Cottbus right before the window shut. 

A slap in the face sure, but more of a love tap.   It would be a nice addition to the league, up and comer, u-20 and full CMNT player.  Hard to turn him away, and if they do, we'll take him in WPG.  

So did we just assume he was doing a TFC 2 tryout? and perhaps not just training with them? Or did TFC 2 decided not to sign him? ... Hhhmmm the mystery continues! 

Edited by apbsmith

3 hours ago, apbsmith said:

So did we just assume he was doing a TFC 2 tryout? and perhaps not just training with them? Or did TFC 2 decided not to sign him? ... Hhhmmm the mystery continues! 

Well what do we really know for sure.  He left Juve...and surprise he is with TFC2 in Saskatoon.  Then someone tweets he is gone.  Thats about it eh??  Seems as clear as mud.  For all we know he could be back on his way to Juve.  Maybe TSN could get one of their regular TFC guys to make a phone call and clear it up eh?