Voyageurs #CanMNT Player of the Year for 2017

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Hutch (obvious reasons)

2)Borjan ( Club success and stands on his head for us)

3)Arfield (Good club year and our best player at the Gold Cup)

This is actually really tough this year, arguments can be made for 6 guys id say, the three above plus Davies, Hoilett and Piette. Strange feeling honestly, made even more strange when considering Larin isn't in the conversation. AJH and Cav have had good years as well, but just not good enough to break in with this group this year. 

27 minutes ago, matty said:

you should close voting now cause everyone is just gonna pick hutch

Also: If you do a final tally of votes and publish it as a list I insist the vote for me be included

If you vote for Hutch for 1st and 2nd, you only give him 5 points.

@matty you haven't played for the #CanMNT this calendar year! :P

1. Arfield

2. Hoilett

3. Borjan

In the Hutchinson thread, I shared my opinion on him winning the CSA male Canadian player of the year.

This is different. As a Voyageurs "CanMNT" player of the year, I couldn't bring myself to vote for him, given he only played once for us.

Youre welcome @matty ?

Honorable mentions: Davies, Osorio, Jackson-Hamel and Piette

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

1. Arfield

2. Hoilett

3. Borjan

In the Hutchinson thread, I shared my opinion on him winning the CSA male Canadian player of the year.

This is different. As a Voyageurs "CanMNT" player of the year, I couldn't bring myself to vote for him, given he only played once for us.

Youre welcome @matty ?

Honorable mentions: Davies, Osorio, Jackson-Hamel and Piette

Echo much of this.  

1. Arfield (Quite sharp I thought)

2. Junior

3. Borjan (as with some keepers, maturing nicely)

Piette has caught my eye this calendar year, as much as Arfield. To a point where he makes me want to follow him.  Fun player.  Interesting player.  Maybe needs a bit more courage.  Fingers & toes crossed for 2018!  

Wow, it is tough this year.  That is a good sign. I will go with the criteria of National team games played only because if it was just the best performing player as a whole, including for their club, Hutch wins for me.

1. Hoilett

2. Arfield

3. Borjan

1. Borjan

2. Hoilett 

3. Arfield

The pool is deep this season for this award.. usually it’s down to 2 guys but there are at least 6 guys I could have interchanged here.  Honourable mentions to Piette, JACKSON HAMEL (3 mnt goals + 2 assists), Hutchinson.  

Based off his club and country form AJH should feel ripped off but in the end he just didn’t get enough time to really explode and leave no doubt 

Archived