MLS increases TAM from $1.2 million to $4 million for the 2018, 2019 seasons.

harrycoyster

1 hour ago, mtlfan said:

Right on I did not renew my season ticket package last year and unless Saputo hires gets rid of his amateurs in front office club is going nowhere. Saputo family are happy he is not involved their business and the Impact is a great place to keep him out of their cheese business. I am still fuming about when asked in an interview he showed up and seemed to be hammered. When they asked him about the 4 stars on in the logo he could not remember which one of them represented. How embarrassing for Montreal that the Fu**ing owner is that out to lunch.

It is my love of the game and the Ultras and players who keep me interested.

Well for how bad he seems to be he kept the pro game going in different leagues throughout the years and was able to keep them going and eventually put them in the MLS, without Saputo there is no MLS in Montreal or probably any Montreal teams in all the other leagues before, I don’t see any other rich guys breaking down the door to buy the team or even put a team in a new Canadian league. He has spent money over the years and has brought in some good players, but he probably needs to bring in some new people in the head office that are all on the same page.

On 2017-12-17 at 7:58 AM, mtlfan said:

Right on I did not renew my season ticket package last year and unless Saputo hires gets rid of his amateurs in front office club is going nowhere. Saputo family are happy he is not involved their business and the Impact is a great place to keep him out of their cheese business. I am still fuming about when asked in an interview he showed up and seemed to be hammered. When they asked him about the 4 stars on in the logo he could not remember which one of them represented. How embarrassing for Montreal that the Fu**ing owner is that out to lunch.

It is my love of the game and the Ultras and players who keep me interested.

When and where was this he showed up drunk and not knowing the significance behind the stars? Seems odd never heard this before. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 2:46 PM, Chad_Impact said:

Forcing negligent owners to sell their clubs sounds good to me as long as the clubs stay where they are.  

(I should note that Saputo is far from a negligent owner, I just believe that he could do more than what he claims) 

Columbus?

On 12/9/2017 at 1:52 AM, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

There are still a lot of soccer fans in a city like Toronto that don't take MLS seriously and spending more on salaries to field teams that don't just have big name marquee players surrounded by guys that would struggle to get a contract with clubs most people will have actually heard of in Europe but have greater strength in depth through Victor Vazquez type signings is the obvious way to address that.

My head hurts. Can you say that again with punctuation? Don't mean to be rude.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

This tsn article on the van der Wiel signing says the TAM amount was raised to $2.8M not raised by 2.8M (from 1.2M to 4M).

https://www.tsn.ca/report-tfc-to-sign-van-der-wiel-1.979821

It seems that article is talking specifically about discretionary TAM.

The rule is: $1.2 million in TAM (provided by the league) and up to $2.8 million in discretionary TAM (which owners pay out of pocket) for 2018 and 2019. 

Archived