2018 World Cup

Jith12

1 hour ago, to70 said:

Russia sure got the easiest group. Hmmmm?

The draw was at the Kremlin too. Something smells fishy.

11 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I would say Group D. Toronto Star reporter thought Group F was GoD, but i'm not sure i really rate the Swedes.

I actually kind of agree with the reporter. Germany and Mexico are obviously perennial contenders, but the Swedes are pretty good too. I wouldn't be surprised if they upset Mexico on the 27th. Iceland are very strong but they've been somewhat shaky this year. They lost to the Czech Republic, Finland, Mexico and Chile and were only able to draw Qatar. So, I'd say F for group of death. The draw was somewhat disappointing. There aren't too many marquee matchup and the opening match is probably to lowest quality opener in WC history. 65th vs 63rd in the world.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/1/2017 at 11:11 AM, Jith12 said:

The group's have been confirmed and the first game will be Russia vs Saudi Arabia on June 18 in Moscow. I've got my money on France to win it all. Thoughts?

3500.jpg?w=465&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f4520.jpg?w=465&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f2018worldcupschedule.gif

As someone who has been rooting for England my whole life in the men's world cup (since Canada hasn't been there) I can't help but say they'll take it all (I think that's the leafs fan in me coming out....) but I could see either Nigeria or Senegal coming out of left field and shocking everyone 

• 1 month later...

Archived