Ottawa Fury 2018 season

Zem

8 hours ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

I won't be attending a Fury game this season, unless Tissot gets healthy and makes his way onto the pitch. It was the first year I failed to attend the home opener. The 5-0 and 4-1 losses did it for me. 

I’ve enjoyed your posts here and it’s great having another V from Ottawa but if you’re going to bail on our local club after a couple bad losses it makes me sad. Great things are happening in Canadian football and the Fury are one of them, I can’t remember a professional club so committed to given Canadians a chance.

As a long suffering Leafs fan, the lows make the highs that much better.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Watching the stream of the Fury vs Penn FC, listening to the US broadcasters is painful.

I can't even remember the last time I watched an American USL broadcast that didn't have awful commentary and camera work

Two straight shutout games with a predominantly Canadian back line and a Canadian keeper. Crépeau played both games with Edward and Henry playing every minute and Meilleur-Giguère playing all but the first 31 minutes.

To be fair, the Fury have been very good to CDN keepers.  Irving got every USL minute last year and it looks like Crepeau has taken over this year. Is Irving hurt or are they just making a change??  

Did anyone watch the whole match...is Henry shaking off the rust and getting back to his form of a few years ago?    

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

To be fair, the Fury have been very good to CDN keepers.  Irving got every USL minute last year and it looks like Crepeau has taken over this year. Is Irving hurt or are they just making a change?? 

Crepeau has taken over the starting role for now; he's been solid since coming in, particularly in the last couple games. Outside of both being relatively small keepers, him and Irving are sort of opposites. Crepeau is a fantastic shot-stopper but a mediocre distributor, while Irving is easily the best Canadian keeper with the ball at his feet but isn't especially athletic and isn't a great ball-handler. Crepeau's services have definitely been needed given the team's defensive problems, but if we're able to control possession and defend well going forward I could definitely see Irving win back the starting role.

42 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Did anyone watch the whole match...is Henry shaking off the rust and getting back to his form of a few years ago?    

Henry has been very good but he has only played two games so it's too early to answer that question. That said, I'd argue that the fact Ottawa have recorded their only two clean sheets of the season in Henry's only two starts almost certainly isn't a coincidence. Ultimately I don't really think there's anything stopping him from getting back to his best so long as he stays healthy and can get match fit.

Henry has been solid in his two games. Wins every ball that comes to his area, and skill set is above those around him. His positioning is better than I remember, and he isn't prone to crazy challenges which risk fouls and penalties. He does look really strong compared to players around him, so he may have added muscle. His ball control can still use improvement, but he doesn't automatically hoof balls down the field when he has possesson - this may be because the level is lower and he gets more time on the ball.

1 hour ago, yothat said:

did eddy edwards lose a step? dont rmbr him eevr getting burnt in the nasl n bringing a player down. could always recover 

Not sure if we’re talking about the same play but that wasn’t his fault, it was a terrible back pass from Portilla (?), Eddy had no choice or the Penn FC player would have in alone.

The club announced on Wednesday,  via Twitter, that Sito Seoane has been released by the club.

On his Twitter account, Sito didn't indicate if there was another team in his future, but did say that he won't be playing against the Fury this year.

45 minutes ago, Kent said:

I just watched the highlights. Adonijah Reid did well on the first goal (secondary assist), can any Ottawa fans tell me how he has been doing?

Quite well, just hasn't been able to finish his chances yet. He's been great playmaker regardless, had lots of nice runs and he's basically earned a starting spot for now, which he wasn't able to do last year.

Sito has gone back to Iceland.

@sitoseoane
May 15

Very proud to announce that I have joined UMF Grindavik in Iceland Pepsideild1f1ee_1f1f8.png??. I felt it was the best opportunity for me to get playing time and and achieve my personal goals while helping a very ambitious club. It is also great to be back in Iceland. Afram Grindavik

Archived