Ottawa Fury 2018 season

Zem

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Training camp starts tomorrow Jan 29 here is the schedule  https://mailchi.mp/oseg.ca/fury-media-schedule-preseason-jan29-feb17

I expect their will be player announcements as Fury have only 16 players so far.

4 pre-season games announced so far, Ottawa currently has four pre-season contests scheduled in February with local fixtures against Gloucester Celtic (February 10), Ottawa Internationals (February 16) and the nationally ranked Carleton University Ravens (February 27) in closed-door matches. Fury FC will meet Nashville SC in a pre-season match on February 23 at IMG Academy as part of their week-long training camp in Bradenton, Florida.

Tons of trialists in Ottawa. A lot of Canadians that we know. Kyle Porter, Nevello Yoseke, David Monsalve, Chris Manella, AJ Gray and Quillan Roberts are among the most known names. The other people are 4 local and 2 foreign players (I doubt that Barry McLean is a player.  He's probably their agent though.)

Ottawa has posted a "photo essay" which has a few snaps of some new trialists. The few that are clear are keepers Marcel DeBellis and Ottawa native and former Fury Academy product Nick Jeffs. It looks like Dario Conte is also there.

There's a bunch of other unfamiliar faces but I don't know which of them are the already-known trialists whose faces I've never seen and which ones are entirely new. Porter and Mannella are still there, along with possibly Gray, Malonga and Portilla, although I'm not completely confident about those guesses. I'm sure some of you guys can photo-identify players better than me :)

http://www.ottawafuryfc.com/news_article/show/884366

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for off topic, didn't know where else I could post

My co-ed team that plays out of Louis Riel and Hornet's Nest on Wednesdays is looking for an extra player. Price is $178.64 (discounted rate as first game has already been played). DM me if interested

Sorry again about posting this here

Fury update, after their week in Florida with one exhibition game against Nashville a 1-1 draw which i had the pleasure of watching, i was a little worried, before the game it was announced that Maxim Tissot, Nana Attakora, Cristian Portilla, and Azake Luboyera   were not available for the game, but also  Eddie Edwards and Maxime Crepeau did not appear, so it meant only 13 players  were available and with the very warm weather in Bradenton it looked like it might be a long afternoon for the Fury, especially when they conceded a penalty in the first minute when former Fury player Hume was tripped in the area. Nashville put the penalty away but  Haworth latched on a long through bal brought it under control and rounded the goalie to even the score  at 1-1. At HT Fury switched goalies with  David Monsalve  taking over from Callum Irving,  later  Jimmy Sanon  took over from Sito. Wheras Nashville had numerous extra players  and with about 30 mins to go changed the whole team, Fury managed to hang on for the 1-1 draw.

At this stage i was a little worried because Fury only had 19 players on their roster, and with 6 players unavailable for the Nashville game it showed how vunerable the Fury were.

On returning to Ottawa  though they have added 4 more players to bring the roster up to 23 players. The 4 added were Tony Taylor a striker who last year played for Jacksonville and has MLS experience with NYC, they then added 3 players from Montreal Impact on season long loans  Michael Salazar  and  Thomas Meilleur-Giguère  both players played 4 games on loan last season with the Fury, even though they are here all season both could be recalled by the Impact if needed, the 3rd player is Gabriel Wiethaeuper-Balbinotti he has been transferred to the Fury, but his MLS rights will be maintained by the Impact.

Interesting fact of the 23 players on the Fury roster  11 are Canadians. 

Season starts in 2 weeks in Charlotte on March 17

Current Roster

Steevan Dos Santos (Re-signed) Forward
Callum Irving (Re-signed) Goalkeeper
Eddie Edward (Re-signed) Defender
Sito Seoane (Option Picked Up) Forward
Sergio Manesio (Option Picked Up) Midfielder
Azake Luboyera (Option Picked Up) Forward
Jimmy Sanon (Option Picked Up) Midfielder
Jamar Dixon (Re-signed) Midfielder
Onua Obasi (Re-signed) Defender
Gerardo Bruna (Re-signed) Midfielder
Nana Attakora (Previously with San Francisco Deltas) Defender
Maxim Tissot (Previously with San Francisco Deltas) Midfielder
Kevin Oliveira (Previously with Atlanta United) Midfielder
Maxime Crépeau (On Loan from Montreal Impact) Goalkeeper
Colin Falvey (Previously with Indy Eleven) Defender
Cristian Portilla (Previously with San Francisco Deltas) Midfielder
Kyle Porter (Previously with Tampa Bay Rowdies) Defender
David Monsalve (Previously with Husqvarna FF) Goalkeeper
Tony Taylor (Previously with Jacksonville Armada) Forward
Michael Salazar (On Loan from Montreal Impact) Midfielder
Thomas Meilleur-Giguere (On Loan from Montreal Impact) Defender
Gabriel Wiethaeuper-Balbinotti (Previously with Montreal Impact) Forward

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎20 at 10:58 AM, deschamp86 said:

Sorry for off topic, didn't know where else I could post

My co-ed team that plays out of Louis Riel and Hornet's Nest on Wednesdays is looking for an extra player. Price is $178.64 (discounted rate as first game has already been played). DM me if interested

Sorry again about posting this here

Are you looking for guys who got cut from the Fury?

Archived