Canadians abroad: November 3-9, 2017

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for November 3-9, 2017.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

3 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

J.Hoilett starting 11 for Cardiff... Cardiff will be a point behind Wolverhampton with a win today... will be great to see Cardiff at of season get automatic promotion and have Hoilett in the EPL once again.

Unfortunately Cardiff lost 2-1. They were down to 10 men from the 55min. Junior played 90 mins

Canadians that wear the red and white

England 

FA Cup- Leutwiler starts for Blackburn against Barnet. They were down 0-1 around the 30 min. I think this is his first game for Blackburn?

Championship- Twardek in the 18 for Millwall  vs. Burton Albion. Score is 0-0

Scotland- Haber starts and scores for Dundee vs. Hibernia. Score is 1-1; Aird and Luca on the bench for their respective teams.

Holland

Eerste Divisie

On Friday Corbin Ong played 90 mins as Go Ahead Eagles lost 3-1 to Stormvogels Telstar. Prior to yesterday's loss Go Ahead Eagles went undefeated in 6 straight league games and Corbin Ong has started 8 games in a row in League and Cup play.

Not yet

Tomori starts for Hull who are leading Sheffield United 1-0 

Edited by Kadenge
update

19 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Canadians that wear the red and white

Scotland- Haber starts and scores for Dundee vs. Hibernia.

El Bahktaoui plays a great cross field ball to Deacon who beats hits man and chips ball to the back post and MARCUS HABER heads the ball back across the goal and into the net despite the defender's attempt to clear.

http://dundeefc.co.uk/news/hibs-live-commentary/

Aird picked-up a couple of minutes for Dunfermline (5 to be precise), game ended in 1-1 as Gasparotto remained on the bench for Falkirk. I wonder wen he'll get another chance 'cause his replacements haven't performed at all.

Zanatta entered after 64 minutes for Raith Rovers, they beat East Five 1-0. 

Paton went 90 for Stenhousimuir against Clyde.

Godinho also played the whole game for Berwick at Annan Athletic (0-0).

In Hungary, Vasas lost at home to Ujpest 0-1, but James played another full game for them.

31 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Aird picked-up a couple of minutes for Dunfermline (5 to be precise), game ended in 1-1 as Gasparotto remained on the bench for Falkirk. I wonder wen he'll get another chance 'cause his replacements haven't performed at all.

Zanatta entered after 64 minutes for Raith Rovers, they beat East Five 1-0. 

Paton went 90 for Stenhousimuir against Clyde.

Godinho also played the whole game for Berwick at Annan Athletic (0-0).

In Hungary, Vasas lost at home to Ujpest 0-1, but James played another full game for them.

Zanatta was getting minutes in the Premership not long ago and now he is getting sub mins for Raith!

In Chile, Juan Cordova starts for Huachipato vs. CD Everton. Christian not in the 18. Not sure if Juan is playing at right back or in  midfield. If he has been playing at right back (he has started frequently) he may have just  put himself in the number one spot with the CMNT

43 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Zanatta was getting minutes in the Premership not long ago and now he is getting sub mins for Raith!

In Chile, Juan Cordova starts for Huachipato vs. CD Everton. Christian not in the 18. Not sure if Juan is playing at right back or in  midfield. If he has been playing at right back (he has started frequently) he may have just  put himself in the number one spot with the CMNT

Fwiw Cristian lost his starting spot in a cup match he got in a shouting match with the club captain coming off at half time. Cordova replaced him and hasn't looked back.

Not sure if that's carried over and is the reason he is completely out now or if he's injured.

7 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Unfortunately Cardiff lost 2-1. They were down to 10 men from the 55min. Junior played 90 mins

he also got an assist on that goal

Spain

Manny Aparicio did not see minutes as 2B side Izarra lost away to Amorebieta 5-0.

In a division lower, Tercera, Corellano lost 2-0 to Mutilvera, as Yuri Ruh played 71

Andrew Lebre played 90 as Almazán lost to Cerebreño 2-0. 

Miki Cantave did not dress for Lorca as they lost in the last minute.

Finally, for Alcorcón, Bakr Abdellaoui was on the bench for Alcorcón who drew Alcalá 2-2.

Anyone know what's happening with yumi dieu merci?  Came on for his debut in France in August and scored 3 goals in 29 minutes but apparently injured himself celebrating and hasn't been seen since.  Just odd.. how bad could he have hurt himself to be out 3 months? 

Poland

Michal Misiak played the full 90 and scored the 1st goal for LKS Lomza in a 2-1 win against, at the time, the leaders of the league Widzew Lodz. About 17 000 fans came out to watch this game. This was the a major upset as this was the first time Widzew Lodz lost at home. Here are the highlights of his performance:

Was just looking at the USL semi with Swope Park, the penalty shootout goes down to the keepers in the end, quite dramatic. 

Didic missed his, shooting 7th I think, Pasher was subbed out before they got there. González did not play, I like that bunch, esp Didic, for me he has a big future but really needs SKC to bring him into the 1st team for next season.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

18 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was just looking at the USL semi with Swope Park, the penalty shootout goes down to the keepers in the end, quite dramatic. 

Didic missed his, shooting 7th I think, Pasher was subbed out before they got there. González did not play, I like that bunch, esp Didic, for me he has a big future but really needs SKC to bring him into the 1st team for next season.

That is crazy. I'm sure it's happened but I've never seen a shootout go to the keepers. 

Didic is #55 and shoots 9th. He manages a good shot but the keeper had a great save. He could have done better, but if SPR lost he would have been low on the blame list!