Jordan Schweitzer

Dub Narcotic

Jordan Schweitzer Country USA USA
Born April 19, 1994 (23 yo)
Position Midfielder
Shirt number 41
Height 6 ft0
Weight 165 lbs

ORLANDO, Fla. – Orlando City B announced four new additions on Tuesday, with former Portland Timbers 2 forward Ben Polk being joined by a trio of midfielder with USL experience in Paul Clowes, Austin Martz and Jordan Schweitzer for the 2017 USL regular season. The signings are pending league and federation approval.

Schweitzer, 22, joins OCB after a successful season with Seattle Sounders FC 2. The first-year pro was third on the team in scoring, posting four goals and two assists in 22 appearances. In four years at the University of Denver, the Washington state native made 70 starts and was a three-time All-Summit League First Team selection, and also competed for the Sounders FC U23 in the PDL.

“Jordan had a great year in Seattle and we fought off a lot of competition to land him,” Pulis said. “He’s a strong, competitive player who has a great range of passing.”

Schwietzer was with the U-23 in Qatar for Aspire tourny last winter...nobody remembers this??  Played alot with Orlando B, (20+ games) this year.  Not sure why Cox would get a call when guys like Haber, Jackson etc sit and we have Cav, Larin, AJH, Rickets etc.  Maybe he is cover at DM for Piette??  Its a strange one, but nice to see the pool gettting a bit deeper.  

e01f96b1e553f5eb9dcfa9ef16ef16bb.jpg
Current club: USA / Orlando City B
Connect: @papaschweitz23 @jordan_schweitzer
Date of birth: 1994-04-19
Age 23
Birthplace: Dallas, TX, USA
Raised: Seattle, WA, USA
School(s): University of Denver
Height: 180 cm

Notes

speaks English, a bit of French and Spanish... sports family (hockey cousin Marshall Donald)... his father Darwin was born in Beaverlodge, AB while his mother Connie was born in Edmonton, AB... he was two years old when his family moved from Dallas to Cary; he was four years old when his family moved from Cary to Seattle... grew up participating in football, baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey, athletics... he was five years old when he started playing soccer for Silver Lake SA in Everett (the Shooting Stars)... enjoys outdoors, travel, music, reading, hanging out with friends and family... growing up, favourites have included Liverpool FC, Seattle Sounders FC... other favourites have included Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Mariners, Seattle Supersonics, Edmonton Oilers... 

6 hours ago, yothat said:

doesnt even have a thread but gets call up ... 

His OCB B teammate Michael Cox had a wonder of a year last year (10 goals) didn't get a call-up

I know he's been discussed before on this board. Thought there was a thread but maybe it was in all the U-23 Qatar discussion.

14 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Kaye national team selection really opened things up for him at his club.   Here is hoping some more of these USL, and MLS fringe guys get a boost from wearing the red and white.  

I hope so but the fact a guy like Mallan Roberts can't get a look in is ridiculous. Also Richie Laryea has earned a call-up, mor so than Schweister.

Vince I agree, but I dont think Laryea would play in front of others in camp.  I could see Schweitzer getting a look for 10min at the end of the game as a sub for Piette.  Roberts should get a look, but I think Kapor also deserves a shot, and Oz can only work in a few debutantes at a time.  And I think the fact that Roberts is already cap tied to us and Kapor is not affects OZ decision as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...