Noble Okello

Dub Narcotic

25 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

So just to clarify, his loan spell was just for the Fall and therefore is over now - correct?  Curious what the next step will be for him.  I suspect he isn’t close to a TFC first team role so maybe another loan will be in the works...?

You are correct his loan is over. I’ll assume his short loan was for the reason of him coming back to the team to play a role from the start. If not, he would’ve went for as long as Romeo is.

There’s is a log jam at CM for TFC with Pozuelo, Bradley, Osorio, Delgado, Fraser, Okello, and Priso. It’ll definitely be interesting to see how Armas manages them all. 

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

If he can become an MLS regular he’s going to be a nice option for the MNT. The move to Denmark was nice but he needs to get first team time consistently. 

I think if given a chance he'd nail down a starting role. I get the feeling Curtis and Armas want to essentially turn TFC into RBNY on roids (given the resources and willingness of the ownership group), which means better exploiting of the academy and it's players. at 20 years old, Okello is at the ripe age to start competing for serious minutes, and the guy has a lot of upswing if given the chance.

Edited by LeoH037

They’ll need to move someone to give Priso, Fraser and Okello the time they need.

a few years ago Wolfsburg tried to buy Okello for 7 figures, more than once, makes you wonder what the ceiling is. You don’t just pay for prospects from an academy if you don’t rate them highly. 

bold prediction... he wins a spot at camp and eventually knocks Bradley to the bench.

Definitely seems to have filled out.  Maybe a switch to CB is a better fit for him now as he really has been more of a 6 than an 8 anyway from what I understand.  I think TFC only has two veteran CBs on their roster so perhaps him and Dunn competing for playing time as back ups makes sense especially as the TFCs midfield looks pretty crowded including with Bradley and Fraser at the 6 and Osorio, Delgado and Priso at the 8.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Snowcrash said:

They're both intriguing prospects but Okello isn't near Priso's level yet.  Okello has the better physical tool set but unlike Priso,  the game doesn't slow down for him yet when he has the ball.   

Are you basing that on Okello's play for Koge last season?

11 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Are you basing that on Okello's play for Koge last season?

Yes, from Koge highlights.  He chews up ground like nothing and probably will settle in as a box-to-box mid like Kaye but his distribution is a work in progress.  Priso, on the other hand, knows what he's going to do before the ball arrives, even if the pass might not always be successful. 

Edited by Snowcrash

10 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

Yes, from Koge highlights.  He chews up ground like nothing and probably will settle in as a box-to-box mid like Kaye but his distribution is a work in progress.  Priso, on the other hand, knows what he's going to do before the ball arrives, even if the pass might not always be successful. 

This is based on one start and four sub appearances?

17 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

This is the guy the Olympic squad was missing in the middle. I’m telling you. 1 he wasn’t short on match fitness like the other two, and t’s the ground that he’s able to cover up and down the pitch. He’s a link.

I’m excited to him “unleashed”....don’t know how when TFC still have Bradley, Delgado, Osorio all in the middle....but I guess rotation will come right?

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

This is the guy the Olympic squad was missing in the middle. I’m telling you. 1 he wasn’t short on match fitness like the other two, and t’s the ground that he’s able to cover up and down the pitch. He’s a link.

I’m excited to him “unleashed”....don’t know how when TFC still have Bradley, Delgado, Osorio all in the middle....but I guess rotation will come right?

Someone has to move at a point tbh 

Okello is in a similar position to Bair for me, granted he certainly hasn't been afforded the chances.

He has all the attributes and if he puts it together he could be immense. Dunn is in a similar position but they all have time on their sides. A step back to CPL to get games and step back up wouldnt be the worst if they don't get game at TFC. Bair is still a conundrum but I hope they and he figures it out. The olympic qualifier displays every disappointing.

Edited by toontownman

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

And so he should be.  He went to HB Koge and did pretty well for himself.  Definitely earned more playing time than Romeo.  I think Okello puts it together this year.

Not sure it’s about putting it together, maybe the year he actually gets a shot, this isn’t a guy who can’t figure it out, this is a guy who hasn’t been given that chance.

Edited by Dominic94

On 4/9/2018 at 10:01 AM, jpg75 said:

The TFC academy started in 2008 with players as young as 15 ('93's), those kids turn 25 this year. In 2012 Aron Winter expanded to start at age 12, those kids were born in 2000 and turn 18 this year. Romeo, Dunn-Johnson and Okello are among these kids though not sure when each of them joined. Hundaal (99) and Uccello (98) may have started then too. Fraser i think joined later after moving from Vancouver.

Interesting how the Winter group seems to be the exact age where the quality and quantity of academy grads started to rise significantly.