Noble Okello

Dub Narcotic

• 9 months later...

He looked pretty good, the way he can make up ground on the pitch and win balls in the air was very impressive. Bradley was tired as hell in his match so you can see why Vanney put on Okello for Delgado instead of Fraser - Fraser is more in the Bradley mold but Okello looks like more of a physically-superior version of Delgado (and hopefully a more skilled version as well, but we'll have to see on that front).

8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

He looked pretty good, the way he can make up ground on the pitch and win balls in the air was very impressive. Bradley was tired as hell in his match so you can see why Vanney put on Okello for Delgado instead of Fraser - Fraser is more in the Bradley mold but Okello looks like more of a physically-superior version of Delgado (and hopefully a more skilled version as well, but we'll have to see on that front).

Maybe one day we can dream of a midfield of Okello for Delgado & Fraser for Bradley playing alongside Osorio!

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, aredding77 said:

Noble has been loaned out to HB Koge FC of the Danish second division for the remainder of the 2020 Fall season.  This is the same team that TFC loaned Rocco Romeo to (however Rocco's loan is for the full Danish which ends in the spring).

Looks like Romeo has started all their games this season, so hopefully Okello can get a lot of minutes as well.

Glad he's (likely) going to get some first-team minutes over there, but timing of this move is bizarre from TFC perspective as they are desperately short of midfielders right now because of a glut of injuries, further compounded with a heavy 2-games per week schedule, so they decide to make themselves even thinner there at the worst possible time. However, maybe it's a sign that they were at least pleased with Nelson's performance against NYCFC on Wednesday (currently the only team he seems to be allowed to play against).

10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Glad he's (likely) going to get some first-team minutes over there, but timing of this move is bizarre from TFC perspective as they are desperately short of midfielders right now because of a glut of injuries, further compounded with a heavy 2-games per week schedule, so they decide to make themselves even thinner there at the worst possible time. However, maybe it's a sign that they were at least pleased with Nelson's performance against NYCFC on Wednesday (currently the only team he seems to be allowed to play against).

I also heard that Fraser might be back this weekend and I don't believe Marky is out too long either.

3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Thats only if you believe Fraser is hurt and not just being sat down.   Still have Oso, Piatti, Poz to take 3 of the 4 or 5 spots..with Deleon, Endoh, Nelsen, Lareya/Shaff in a pinch on the wing.  Good thing is that Vanney is forced out of his little 11-12 player bubble and is expanding his bench. 

And you would have to believe that they were ever going to give Okello a shot this season, which was probably a long shot. Should have sent Okello to CPL for all the good it did him to stick with the big club Look at the exposure Dunn got with his short run in WPG.   

8 hours ago, aredding77 said:

Noble has been loaned out to HB Koge FC of the Danish second division for the remainder of the 2020 Fall season.  This is the same team that TFC loaned Rocco Romeo too (however Rocco's loan is for the full Danish which ends in the spring).

Good, he looks really promising but desperately needs playing time that TFC won’t give him. 

38 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

First game too I wonder why the second danish tier was the best they could do to loan him. Maybe the only place that guaranteed play time.

I won’t pretend I know how D2 this place compares to D2 that place, but if he was consistently not even making the bench in MLS, I am not sure how high we can expect him to land when it comes to a loan.  

The main thing for me is playing time.  Given his physical attributes, I want him to get every opportunity to play and improve.   

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...