Noble Okello

Dub Narcotic

Or at least make the bench. Maybe Dunn gets to start on defence, but I think we probably have enough midfielders and strikers to rotate in without starting Daniels or Telfer. But maybe not, it will be interesting to see who gets played and how well they do. Would think that Hamilton and Chapman have to get significant time in this one.

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Who do you think is close enough to being ready that we need to cap?  Other than Tabla, Tomori and others that are half out the door and prob wouldnt accept a call anyways.

Certainly Kacher as I mentioned it the other night in the Mastanabal Kacher thread @ Bison... Apparently never invited to any CANMNT camp, wonder if he ever decline a call- up and is on the same boat of Tabla, Tomori

On 4/14/2018 at 12:12 AM, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

Certainly Kacher as I mentioned it the other night in the Mastanabal Kacher thread @ Bison... Apparently never invited to any CANMNT camp, wonder if he ever decline a call- up and is on the same boat of Tabla, Tomori

It's more likely that he's just never been given the call

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Shows flashes of brilliance, but then will disappear for games. Reminds me a lot of Kyle Bekker actually. Hopefully he develops consistency. If he does he will turn out great, but it also could turn out like another Bekker or Chapman story... 

I realize i sound kinda negative, but i really have high hopes for him. As most people already know, he has some real talent. Personally I think he is best going to a CPL club on loan this year. If he doesn’t become a star at that level then he isn’t ready for TFC yet.

12 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Shows flashes of brilliance, but then will disappear for games. Reminds me a lot of Kyle Bekker actually.

I kind of had a different impression of Bekker during his time with TFC. He seemed to be a consistent, dependable player but had no brilliance that stood out above other players. Definitely his time in NASL and USL has shown he has those moments of brilliance now.

56 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Shows flashes of brilliance, but then will disappear for games. Reminds me a lot of Kyle Bekker actually. Hopefully he develops consistency. If he does he will turn out great, but it also could turn out like another Bekker or Chapman story... 

Unless I have missed something, the respective stories for Chapman and Bekker are quite different thus far and Okello doesn’t really strike me as similar to either player. I do agree with you that a CPL loan might make sense though.

Anyway, congrats to the lad!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Saw the news earlier today! Job well done for Okello. It's just a friendly match, but it's a very nice addition to the resume. Combine that with his GC call and he's having a fine year.

Breaking through with the TFC first team would be the icing on the cake!

Without even seeing him play recently, I am guessing he should be battling for a spot in the Olympic team. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Looked fairly good for his first game.  A couple misplaced passes but had a couple chances to score and created a few others as well.

Pretty much my take as well.  Looks pretty quick for a big man.

• 1 month later...