CPL Jersey Outfitter

Chad_Impact

14 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

You've seen me.  It will take more than a few lines.

How about a giant box that covers you from head to toe and is made of a one-way mirror so you can see out, and everyone else can see their good looking (or not so good looking) selves? Added bonus, it would confuse people on the field. It could totally work... ;)

In all seriousness, I can hardly wait for these kits to be unveiled. Still trying to decide which club I'll follow. I originally wanted one I could actually see in person, but it's a pretty lengthy drive to anyone. The kits may just help tip the scale.

11 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Have you seen anything, or are you guessing?

Seen anything? LOL no way.

But in talking to Josh Simpson, the only one of the three owners who has seen the physical mockup of the jersey, the look on his face and the words that spoke made it clear we are not getting them. Now technically he didn't say no, so I could be surprised, but he seemed to be trying to avoid crushing our dreams this early in the game. 

1 hour ago, matty said:

not much time to sell them prior to the season which is sad

Yeah, we were told last week that basically Jerseys would be available for opening day. Good news is we are getting one with our season ticket package at PFC. 

Does seem late but I doubt that is a manufacture/distribution issue but rather a strategic move from the league. 

I would have thought March makes sense but if season starts at the end of April and the release is at the start maybe that's not so bad. 

Should have had most of this merchandise stuff out prior to Christmas. Definitely missed a trick there.

^ Oh I don't know.  As much as I want my kit NOW, if the strategy is to build excitement and energy going into the season kick off maybe you want to compress as many of the things that build excitement and create energy into the time period immediately leading into the season's launch as much as possible.  You can't have a good strategy without having good timing. 

Yeah, they missed the Xmas shopping season but does that really matter?  A majority of potential kit buyers are going to  buy kits regardless of when they come out.  But if you can leverage those kit releases to promote your brand and, along with other efforts, stay in the media's attention as much as possible for as long as possible during a valuable time period (like the preseason launch period) then maybe that's a worthy investment.  Like I wrote, timing can be everything.  

I feel like the kits themselves are probably locked down and ready to go. My suspicion (totally unfounded) is that they're just confirming the kit sponsors for each club. I remember the Fury doing a big release event for their first kits, which looked pretty solid . . . but because they didn't have the kit sponsor confirmed, it just didn't look right. I felt like the whole thing kind of fell flat.

If waiting a bit longer means we get solid kits and sponsorship deals announced all at once - and this, right before kickoff - I'm for it. It'll be like Christmas for all the footie fans, getting all their presents at once! 

On 1/25/2019 at 2:52 PM, ted said:

Yeah, we were told last week that basically Jerseys would be available for opening day. Good news is we are getting one with our season ticket package at PFC. 

Have they confirmed (from any club) how season ticket holders will be getting their free kits?  Because "get it on game day" seems like it would be a disaster.

9 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Have they confirmed (from any club) how season ticket holders will be getting their free kits?  Because "get it on game day" seems like it would be a disaster.

Yes. You'll be given a voucher for a free jersey with your season tickets. So you can pick it up whenever they're available.

I like the delay of launch till April for a few reasons;

1.No conflict with release of Nike Canada soccer jerseys for attention or $$$

2. Builds hype the shirts for when they are released

3. It is Canada- we all are in Parkas till April so no one will see them till then :)

On 1/25/2019 at 4:55 PM, toontownman said:

Does seem late but I doubt that is a manufacture/distribution issue but rather a strategic move from the league.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:03 AM, m-g-williams said:

I feel like the kits themselves are probably locked down and ready to go.

As I understand it from one of the owners of PFC, It is entirely a manufacturing issue. The designs were finalized and  orders placed months ago. Josh told us about it at the time. He had to guess how many to order in what sizes for not only the players, but all the ones for the fans as well.

6 hours ago, garmc said:

Yes. You'll be given a voucher for a free jersey with your season tickets. So you can pick it up whenever they're available.

Last weekend at the pub it sounded like they would be distributed before our first game (PFC). I think they would like us to be wearing them at the opening game and not having to deal with yet another lineup at the stadium on day one.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, dsqpr said:

Macron shirts for Phoenix Rising (2018). They work for me. I particularly like the subtle shaded hoops on the black one.

Phoenix-Jerseys0309_large.jpg

Those do look pretty slick. My main concern, as I’ve said before, is whether the jersey’s are going to be ultra thin/skinny fit as is Macron’s reputation. I really hope that they make jerseys with North American sizing, and with a ‘replica’ fit that doesn’t require one to have an eight pack to not look like a fatso in the jersey. 

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if york9 are going all white for a kit (as it would be weird to put an ad out without your official stuff) or just generic template from macron. also rad to see the local ads they'll be running

also official team training gear

Edited by matty

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Forge and FCE tickets reps saying jerseys will be revealed April 4. If the assumption that VW was one of seven kit sponsors they need to start announcing those soon, unless they’ll be unveiled with the jerseys. Not sure how I feel about all jerseys being released at once.

It could be worse I suppose.

mlsunveil.jpg?itok=Xz5JHGn_&w=800&q=85