CPL Jersey Outfitter

Chad_Impact

On 9/16/2017 at 3:18 PM, Chad_Impact said:

... will need the jerseys and team gear to not just look good on the field, but on the streets, pubs, schools, and basically, anywhere fans wear them. It's going to be an important part of creating a culture ...

I wouldn't count on "creating a culture" in Canadian cities any time in the near future. On my way to BMO Field for the Canada/Jamaica game, I went into the KFC on Dufferin Street south of Bloor, and someone started talking to me like they thought I worked there.

Cnda_scr_300px.jpgKFC_300px.jpg

22 minutes ago, Heepster said:

I wouldn't count on "creating a culture" in Canadian cities any time in the near future. On my way to BMO Field for the Canada/Jamaica game, I went into the KFC on Dufferin Street south of Bloor, and someone started talking to me like they thought I worked there.

Cnda_scr_300px.jpgKFC_300px.jpg

Jesus, that's bad...

• 6 months later...
On 2018-04-27 at 2:24 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

I would be surprised if that was a coincidence considering Roy’s background.

Likely on to something. Given Adidas’ nearly billion dollar deal with the MLS, I am (cautiously) hopeful our CPL executive team were able to win 10-20M 

• 3 months later...
On 9/19/2017 at 8:31 PM, SuperCanuck said:

Other than MLS, I can't think of another league that makes all teams use the same kit manufacturer.  MLS is doing a lot of things right, but to me, that makes it seem a bit more mickey mouse than it should.

I was talking a kit supplier yesterday that when he previously talked to the CSA  it wanted one supplier for all the teams (CPL). He didn't know if that's still the case today.

It’s just a way for the league to make money hence why North American leagues do this. Then when the sponsor contract ends other brands make higher bids in which the league makes bigger revenue with the highest bidder. 

Little things like this irks me thinking “The League” has too munch influence over the club. I get revenue sharing but where does a line get drawn? Do people like Garber and Bettman have their league committee meetings with team presidents/vp and discuss how they can get more profit from the year prior? Where does the good of the game come before greed and your product comes off as fake or manufactured? Also can having too much control lead to corruption and match fixing? Like not to get too much off subject but it doesn’t surprise me by who’s running the NHL that 1. Quebec is not back yet and 2. no Cdn “franchise” (where hockey is religion) has yet to win a championship since 93 - that’s 25 years!

Reality is we need to do everything possible to make money just for this thing to survive in the early years. We talk about greed, but lets not forget we haven't ever had a pro league here that worked and we may finally be getting one. Thats why I'm okay with it. Once it becomes clear that all the teams are healthy and can stand on their own feet I'd be in favour of abolishing it if it makes any sort of financial sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2018 at 10:34 PM, masster said:

He wasn't the only one.

To speculate even further, in a talk I had with Rob and Josh Simpson, they implied that it was between a small manufacturer and a large one. 

Hints led me to believe Nike was the big one, and now it looks like it could be Macron as the small one?

I just want hoops for Pacific FC so Macron kit a la SCP would be great.