CPL Jersey Outfitter

Chad_Impact

13 minutes ago, ted said:

Season ticket holders here in Victoria got first dibs at ordering last week as part of our season ticket (without seeing the jerseys) and the sizing chart says I need a 4XL or 5XL when I usually fit a Canadian XL comfortably.

I know... crazy right?! You’d think that they could put North American sizing; I get that it’s a European brand but it’s a Canadian League!

Thanks for the link to the shop, but why aren't the jerseys available on the team shops too? A couple weeks ago I wanted to buy a York 9 hat. The hat was $20 and the shipping was another $15. I couldn't justify that, so I thought I'd wait for the jersey so I could get the jersey and the hate for presumably $15 shipping. But now it looks like they are in different shops, so I can't piggyback them together.

I really want to give them my money! How can I do it?!

Ok. So, after a busy night and a hectic morning, a few thoughts:

1. I'm loving the collars. As a fan, I personally prefer kits like this as I can buy one and wear it at times when a polo would otherwise be called for (e.g., golfing). Plus, they just look damn sharp.
  2. It's a bit hard to see the subtleties in the designs (Pacific trident, Valour striped texture, HFX citadel pattern, etc.) from the video/some photos, but they high-def photos make them look incredible. Little details like this really help set the league apart from more generic looking kits south of the border.
  3. I know we were already aware of the colour palette of the teams, but this just makes me feel even more satisfied with the range. I've already ordered a HFX kit and am *this* close to ordering a Valour one right now. I'm tempted to get a few others, but my credit card might disagree.
  4. I know I'll take flak for saying this, but here goes: I am beyond happy that the kits, despite each being unique, are also consistent. Macron logo is in the same size and position on each kit, the numbering/lettering is the same, and the general cut is the same, with some minor variations. In my opinion, it just makes things much cleaner and professional.
  5. I love, love, loooooooooooooooooooooove the fact that the Macron logo, the CPL crest and, above all, the club crests are embroidered and embossed. Prior to the Ottawa Fury leaving me permanently disaffected this fall, I had always wanted to buy a kit . . . but I could never bring myself to spend $90+ on a kit that used screenprinting and iron-on badges. It makes the kit look and feel cheap. These are top-quality looking pieces, and I cannot wait to wear mine in Hamilton on 27 Apr.
  6. On the kit sponsors, I'm pretty pleased.
    1. Tim Hortons, WestJet and VW are huge (though we already knew about the latter), and I really hope this hints at a travel deal with WestJet.
    2. Having Macron as a sponsor doesn't much bother me as long as they paid the right price for it, and same for VW having the two teams.
    3. I admit I was really puzzled by "One Soccer" (though its logo did strike me as quite sharp/professional). When I learned that it was a start-up streaming service for CPL, I was kind of disappointed as it left me worried that Valour and Edmonton couldn't find adequate sponsors on their own. In hindsight, however, I think it's brilliant. One must have still paid (in some way, shape or form) to be the sponsor, and CPL/CSB seems business savy enough to get the right dollar figure. And in terms of advertising and increasing viewership, this does *exactly* what you need it to. Joe Blow recognizes VW, Tim's and WestJet, has maybe heard of Macron, but has no idea what "One Soccer" is. So, odds are, he Googles it - and then finds out about the streaming service he can sign up for. I would never have thought to integrate streaming advertising into the kits/face of the league, but the more I think about it, the more I think this is pure genius.
  7. On that note, I can't tell you how painful it is to see these awesome kits, with (for Canada) pretty damn big, recognizable sponsors, whereas Ottawa is still rinky-dink. Dear *God*, let OSEG get it's head out of it's derrière and switch to the CPL.
Edited by m-g-williams

9 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

On that note, I can't tell you how painful it is to see these awesome kits, with (for Canada) pretty damn big, recognizable sponsors, whereas Ottawa is still rinky-dink. Dear *God*, let OSEG get it's head out of it's derrière and switch to the CPL.

Chartwells isn't the big time?! /s

Funny, for the longest time I thought Chartwells was the senior housing company, it's not, it's a campus food supplier.

Edited by BuzzAndSting

Just now, BuzzAndSting said:

Chartwells isn't the big time?! /s

Funny, for the longest time I thought Chartwells was the senior housing company, it's not, it's a campus food supplier.

This may be a personal bias, but I wouldn't put a high-school and university catering company in the same league as a national and international airline, the largest and most recognizable restaurant chain in the country, and one of the largest automotive companies in the world.

. . . but I do like chicken fingers, so I may need to ponder this.

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

York 9 and Cavalry home kits definitely stand out as winners, although all are good.  Tons of positive feedback online from fans. 

The York 9 kit is in a class with the Nigeria and Jamaica kits.  Speaking of the Jamaican kits.. they were made by Umbro on the first try - meanwhile they gave us f all for 8 years.

Its really tough and almost impossible to do something unique without being corny.  The York 9 kit nails it because it’s not far out and it matches their crest and the whole 9 stripes thing they’re going for.  Like @Unnamed Trialist said about kits matching crests I’d definitely agree and say most kits nailed it.

Pacific FC for example.. that’s a brand.  Purple and teal together is unique and makes me think of that team and Vancouver island.  Just like you think Barcelona when you see their colours because it’s unique to them. 

Only that Barça was founded by Johan Gamper and he was Swiss, and a follower of this team (so it all comes around):

Resultado de imagen de fc basel 1893 shirt early

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Only that Barça was founded by Johan Gamper and he was Swiss, and a follower of this team (so it all comes around):

Resultado de imagen de fc basel 1893 shirt early

Sure, and Juventus got their famous shirts from Notts County but no one thinks of the lower-league English team when they see black and white stripes on a soccer jersey. 

2 hours ago, ted said:

You have an odd definition of "too busy". I was in the PFC Store for the unveiling yesterday and in the crappy lighting I didn't even notice the trident of the two-tones of purple on the home jersey. It would be difficult to make a soccer jersey any more plain.

As for the sponsor logo, I don't see how an iconic, simple brand logo can be considered busy.

You must be a Man United fan:

compare.jpg

Perhaps a bit of influence from our world class Technical Consultant, John Peacock. 

He moonlights with Man U.

3 hours ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Perhaps a bit of influence from our world class Technical Consultant, John Peacock. 

He moonlights with Man U.

The main thing that makes those shirts look similar is the sponsor logo.

Completely different shade of red, which is already a huge difference, unlike Liverpool / Arsenal / Notts Forest / Bristol City / Middlesbrough / Swindon Town / Charlton Athletic / Wrexham? (off the top of my head) who are all more similar to Man U. because they use the same shade of red. Also black sleeves and no black on the shirt torso. Not to mention the subtle piping/stripes, which does not show up in a picture but is striking when you see the actual shirt. Change the sponsor and they would not look very similar at all, particularly in "the flesh", so to speak.

I cannot think of another team (in England anyway) that plays in maroon as a main colour. Burnley would be the closest but their shirts are "claret", which is more purple; whilst the Valour shirts are maroon.

Edited by dsqpr
Valour home shirt colour is "maroon".

14 hours ago, Keegan said:

....Pacific FC for example.. that’s a brand.  Purple and teal together is unique and makes me think of that team and Vancouver island.  Just like you think Barcelona when you see their colours because it’s unique to them. 

i mean the combo is a proven one that isn't overly used. it's popular in some new age, hip hop, and some lgbtq circles and of course the hornets in basketball. i do think they misused it in the kit by going too simple and passive but they do have potential to grow. i'd like to see it with more of a fade with both together maybe

Edited by matty

Don't normally post but I can't begin to express my disappointment with the Wanderers look, just kinda bland. I get that the citadel is a nice touch, but not enough to be unique or cool. I would have loved a blue kit with a Highland sash using the Nova Scotia Tartan. Although just like the Ottawa Fury probably never using the 67s barber pole look, I don't think it will come to pass.  

4 hours ago, Dkolish3 said:

Don't normally post but I can't begin to express my disappointment with the Wanderers look, just kinda bland. I get that the citadel is a nice touch, but not enough to be unique or cool. I would have loved a blue kit with a Highland sash using the Nova Scotia Tartan. Although just like the Ottawa Fury probably never using the 67s barber pole look, I don't think it will come to pass.  

I don’t have a club but to me, Halifax has the best kits. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:20 AM, ted said:

You have an odd definition of "too busy". I was in the PFC Store for the unveiling yesterday and in the crappy lighting I didn't even notice the trident of the two-tones of purple on the home jersey. It would be difficult to make a soccer jersey any more plain.

I'm hoping once I see it in person it won't be as obvious. As someone else noted the placement of everything looks like a kebab. 

I knew if Pacific went with a solid purple I'd compare it to Fiorentina, who have had some really clean kits over the years.

Fiorentina.jpg.5d303b9143e5c77df89da455885a1b94.jpg

Regardless, I'll be there every week in purple.

I find Forge a bit plain, and am a bit jealous of some of the others. But, overall this will be a very good looking league, so we'll done Macron.

I'll probably end up buying the black and gold version. I wonder if enough people do that, they'd switch colours? I really loved when the Bulldogs switched, having "city colours" is really cool. 

12 hours ago, Tigers said:

I find Forge a bit plain, and am a bit jealous of some of the others. But, overall this will be a very good looking league, so we'll done Macron.

I'll probably end up buying the black and gold version. I wonder if enough people do that, they'd switch colours? I really loved when the Bulldogs switched, having "city colours" is really cool. 

forge feels like the most commanding uniform in the entire. it's simple but the use of orange and grey is very strong, it allows the colours to pop and stand out instead of a design (it's possibly the strongest use of colour in the league, sorry pfc). it's not fancy but it dominates in a way others don't and it tells a story, paints a picture, knows who it is. you have zero reason to be jealous of any other team.

also embrace the fire and the steel because it's metal as fuck and this league needs character

Edited by matty

Ooh custom lettering up to 15 letters max for an extra $35.   So John Candy's hockey character Billy Stemhovilichski could have his name spelled out without running down to his elbow!  (great SCTV sketch).  

Since he lived in Queensville, He'd have been a York 9 FC supporter.  

Edited by Rocket Robin