James Pantemis

Grizzly

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, top cheese said:

any thoughts about Pantemis being included as the 3rd GK for the WC? Been surprising there isn't much talk of him this year. 

Both of our backups are top tier MLS keepers and Pantemis is a rung below that, plus backup keepers really don't mean anything, so we should go with the 3 we've been rolling with over the last while. I will say that Pantemis is starting to make me question whether he might actually be... pretty good.

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Moving Breza if they really rate Pantemis as the #1 makes sense.  But not to TFC, let them sign a splashy #1 and have Gavran and Ranjitsingh fight it out for #2.  

Depends on what "splashy #1"  means.  I honestly don't see it as an international signing, if that is what you imply (please correct if I am wrong).  More likely a higher profile US-as-domestic or a Cancon guy (I'm guessing Borjan would be a splashy signing).

50 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Depends on what "splashy #1"  means.  I honestly don't see it as an international signing, if that is what you imply (please correct if I am wrong).  More likely a higher profile US-as-domestic or a Cancon guy (I'm guessing Borjan would be a splashy signing).

I have visions of St. Clair’s back up Tyler Miller reuniting with Bob Bradley in Toronto. Not that I want this, I can just see this happening 

I dont care where the guy comes from (inside MLS or elsewhere), but if Breza wasnt as good as Pantemis... to win #1 for Montreal, I doubt TFC will bring him in to be #1 there.  Whats the sense of making these big signings and going cheap on a keeper?  Get a clear #1 and let your backups you have be backups.  

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Should Pantemis be someone that TFC should look at as a starting or  backup keeper?

For his own sake, he shouldn't think about a contract, but minutes played. 

It's wide open once Borjan retire.

I think Pantemis is CPL bound. From what I'm hearing and what I see, he's a guy who has had the luck of being at the right place/right time- his family has connections in local soccer, which got him on CF Montreal's radar, who only started him because our supposed Serie A loanee stunk, obviously made CANMNT because of the unfortunate Crepeau situation and a lack of professional keepers in our pool, hasn't been particularly great, but I think there will be takers in the CPL.