Jump to content

Canada vs Jamaica post match reaction thread (Sept. 2 2017)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

EVERYONE SHUT UP: If you meet the legal requirements to be Canadian, which Arfield and Leutwiler do, you're Canadian. I don't care if you live here or you live in East Timor and nor does Canada. You have every fucking right to call yourself Canadian if you wish.

On the topic of Leutwiler, here's what he said about the game: “It's a proud moment for me. I work hard every year to get to those towns. Playing in Toronto in front of a Canadian crowd, in front of my family. It's amazing. 

Edited by matty
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

45 minutes ago, matty said:

EVERYONE SHUT UP: If you meet the legal requirements to be Canadian, which Arfield and Leutwiler do, you're Canadian. I don't care if you live here or you live in East Timor and nor does Canada. You have every fucking right to call yourself Canadian if you wish.

On the topic of Leutwiler, here's what he said about the game: “It's a proud moment for me. I work hard every year to get to those towns. Playing in Toronto in front of a Canadian crowd, in front of my family. It's amazing. 

 Thank you. 

"Un canadien est un canadien est un canadien."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Anyone else happy to have Zambrano as coach?  If nothing else, seems like we're having some fun so far.  Be good to see him manage some tougher opponents, but seems a breath of fresh air

Yes, even if we aren't that much better than in the Floro era(I think we are) it's fun to watch for once. I hope in the El Salvador game Didic gets a run out that we might see Cordova or Morgan take De Jong's place. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, matty said:

Yea I know and soccerway does not list it as official, however both FAs list it as a proper international friendly. So can someone find out what's going on with this and WHY this isn't going to be recognised if it isn't.

Can someone please explain where this notion of it not being official came from? Several people have mentioned this idea and it comes across as completely unfounded, it was within the international window and nothing has been said to make it seem it wasn't official. This seems silly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nazzer said:

Can someone please explain where this notion of it not being official came from? Several people have mentioned this idea and it comes across as completely unfounded, it was within the international window and nothing has been said to make it seem it wasn't official. This seems silly. 

FIFA and CONCACAF didn't list it and sites like Soccerway, that did list it, said it was an unofficial game

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, matty said:

FIFA and CONCACAF didn't list it and sites like Soccerway, that did list it, said it was an unofficial game

This was said multiple times over the past week. Don't know how he missed that

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, matty said:

FIFA and CONCACAF didn't list it and sites like Soccerway, that did list it, said it was an unofficial game

Could it be that soccer way are only listing it as unofficial because FIFA have not listed it yet? Seems odd that we'd play an unofficial game in this window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2017 at 3:11 PM, ReedOnTheGrand said:

Yes, even if we aren't that much better than in the Floro era(I think we are) it's fun to watch for once. I hope in the El Salvador game Didic gets a run out that we might see Cordova or Morgan take De Jong's place. 

This.

What was so brutal about the Floro era was the overall lack of conviction that we even had a chance to play attacking football. He completely neutered our talent on every level.

I'm okay with the idea that we won't win, but at least make it watchable. Losing every game playing anti-football is pointless in a country where you're trying to grow the popularity of the sport and CMNT. 

Oz obviously gives the players belief in themselves and they play with passion and a vigour for the game to press and attack. I'm chuffed thus far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎05 at 6:11 PM, Jith12 said:

UPDATE: My email to FIFA has worked! The match is now officially recognized by FIFA and we will get ranking points for it! Yes!

Maybe we can email bomb them to convince them we played a friendly in the leadup to the Jamaica game against Bermuda or something, see if they'll bite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2017 at 10:01 PM, shermanator said:

Here’s my “ridiculously sober because I watched the game from my couch” review.

First and foremost, I didn’t think Jamaica came to play at all. I thought Wileman and Caldwell made a good point about how Zambrano wanted Canada to treat every game like a competitive match, but how it looked like Jamaica were playing a friendly.

 

A colleague of mine has a relationship with many of the Jamaican players.  They didn't want to play this match at all, there was dispute over being paid and such.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, killgod said:

 

A colleague of mine has a relationship with many of the Jamaican players.  They didn't want to play this match at all, there was dispute over being paid and such.

Explains why they were so lackluster. Doesn't take anything away from our boys though. If we can find motivation to compete and they can't, well good for us and bad for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Maybe we can email bomb them to convince them we played a friendly in the leadup to the Jamaica game against Bermuda or something, see if they'll bite.

We all tell them that we beat Brazil. Max points!

38 minutes ago, killgod said:

 

A colleague of mine has a relationship with many of the Jamaican players.  They didn't want to play this match at all, there was dispute over being paid and such.

Is this possibly why FIFA did not consider the match official for all that time?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...